Chapter Thirty-Four

The next few days progressed somewhat normally, well as normal as they can be during a war against the gods. Ryland was in his office most of today trying to get other non-ally packs to come and aid in the war. He was convinced many would jump at the opportunity if it meant getting an inside look at one of the most secluded packs there were. Many pack members have been helping clear the various bodies as well as burying the innocent hostages that were brutally executed by those monsters. I shivered at the thought of that.

I shrugged my cloak on and walked through the numbing cold. I gripped my stomach lightly as I felt sharp kicks. I winced but couldn't help the smile that took over my face knowing the baby was alright. The snow was crunching under my feet, and I pulled my cloak tighter against my chest as I made my way to the training grounds, knowing Jeremiah would be there.

The heavy doors creaked open as I made my way inside. I could hear grunts, and the sound of fists connecting with punching bags. I walked over the mats shrugging my cloak off. I nearly screamed out when Jeremiah was standing next to me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked with a raised brow.

"I want to train, remember?" I spoke crossing my arms over my chest. I watched as his eyes trailed over the scars that will likely be on my wrists forever from the chains. I shrugged my sleeves down to cover them, looking anywhere but him.

"You are pregnant, I don't want to risk anything." He sighed raising a hand to rub his temple.

"No one working for Cade will care, the gods won't care. I need to be able to defend myself." I snapped.

"You're right." He sighed. "But let's not go crazy." He told me giving me a look that told me it wasn't up for debate.

"I know." I told him walking away from him and onto the mat. He just shook his head walking over to where I stood.

"Ryland will be here soon." He told me earning a glare. I love Ryland more than anything, but between everything that happened there and the baby, he wasn't risking anything. This was usually the case with wolves during pregnancy, well except my dad I guess. Mom used to tell us the stories of why dad sucked before we came along.

"He's going to complain about my safety the whole time, why would you do that." I groaned, glaring at him.

"Because, I don't feel like having another broken nose." I just frowned and got into a defensive position.

"I'm sorry he hurt you." I told him before quickly launching myself at him. He quickly pushed me over, he was holding back.

I used my foot, swiping at his ankle, which for once actually caught him off guard. His eyes widened as he fell to the ground with a hard thud.

"I'm sorry for that too." I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my mouth. "Actually, try this time." I told him giving him a look.

"That was me trying, you doofus." He snapped getting up off the ground. "You're better than you think."

"I would pay money to see that again." I jumped at the sound of Rylands voice as he made his way over to us. He walked over and pressed a kiss to my head before bending over to look me in the eyes, blocking me from Jeremiah's view in the process.

"How are you feeling?" He whispered. I gave him a look and groaned resting my head on his shoulder.

"I am fine." I muttered growing tired of the constant coddling. I pulled away from him to look up into his unimpressed eyes.

"I'm sorry, I know you are just trying to help. But I promise I will tell you when something is wrong." I told him leaning up onto my toes to kiss his lips quickly. He didn't say anything but put his hand on my stomach the second the baby kicked. I winced earning a concerned look from him.