Chapter Seven

I looked around frantically. Ryland had his hands on my cheeks as he was looking in my eyes trying to get a response from me.

"Talk to me, Octavia please." He spoke, his voice cracking slightly.

"What's happening to me?" I muttered quickly.

"What did you see?" He asked slowing sitting back down on his chair and scooting closer to me.

"I don't know. There were wolves but they could see me." His eyes widened slightly.

"How is that possible? Did they hurt you? Describe what they looked like." He growled checking me for injuries. Well injuries that I didn't already have.

"They had 'x's' on their fur, they look like rogues but they said they had an alpha. The alpha said he had been looking for me for a while." I spoke slightly panicked. Ryland looked furious but also confused. I'll have my best trackers on it right away." He told me reassuringly.

A few minutes passed by when a nurse carried in a tray of food. He placed it on the table next to the bed I was in and quickly checked my vitals before walking out. It smelled really good, I didn't realize how hungry I was until now.

I was about to ask Ryland for help with taking the lid off of the soup as I struggled to do it with one hand,  when his phone started ringing. He quickly glanced at it before declining it and sticking it in his pocket. Before I could ask him he quickly took the lid off and made sure I could hold the spoon with my other hand first.

————————————————————————

It's been a day and I'm still in this awful hospital bed. Ryland just left to go do some work in his office and i decided I'm going to try moving now that he is gone. I tried to grip onto the blanket to move it but it just resulted in my hands slightly shaking. I used my legs and kicked the blankets off to the side. I carefully swung my legs off of the side of the bed. I was wearing two pairs of socks currently and gently put my feet on the floor. Now the hard part, actually standing up. I leaned forward slightly before transferring my weight to my legs instead of the bed. I feel weaker than I've ever been, the visions haven't stopped, they are almost hourly.

"Luna! What are you doing?!" I jumped at the noise causing me to lose my balance and crash to the floor. I groaned as my face made contact with the hard floor. I heard shouts as the doctor rushed over and helped me up and back into the bed.

"Octavia!" Growled Ryland as he charged through the door.

"Luna, injuries like this take time to heal. Don't rush yourself into things like this until your actually ready." The Doctor spoke checking my vitals again. Ryland was barely containing his anger as he watched me from the doorframe.

"Give us a moment." Growled Ryland quietly.

"Of course, Alpha. Luna." He bowed quickly before walking out.

"What were you thinking!?" He said rushing over to the bed and sitting in the chair next to me.

"I just wanted to stand up." I frowned and looked at my hand trying to move it again.

"You should've gotten me." He growled. "You could've hurt yourself."

"I hate being treated like I'm incapable of everything, Ryland." I spoke looking into his eyes.

"There's nothing wrong with asking for help." He said softly. I just shrugged and focused on moving my fingers. He pulled a foam ball out of his pocket and handed it to me.

"The doctor gave me this for you." I just nodded and took it.

"I'm going to go back to my office to get some stuff done. Let me know if you need help and if I find out you tried anything like that again I will stay in here and do my work." He spoke threateningly.

Once he left the room I groaned and flopped back down on my pillow. I looked around the room contemplating my options and the possible consequences. But I'm bored and decided to try getting up and walking around again. I swung my legs over and slowly stood up off of the edge of the bed. I gripped onto the railing and started walking around a little bit still keeping a firm grip on the bed post.

"Octavia."

I jumped but didn't fall this time. Ryland was standing at the door growling and looking furious. Well shit. I looked at him and laughed nervously to try to divert his attention away from the fact that I was doing exactly what he asked me not to do. He stalked towards me and I hesitantly took a step back still gripping on to the bed post. He grabbed onto my waist and pulled me back to the bed. I groaned and gave him a look.

"I told you to stay in bed. But you don't listen." He snapped.

I dramatically flopped down on my pillow looking up at the ceiling.

"Octavia." He sighed. "Not a lot is being asked of you. I understand it's boring having to stay in this bed, but it's necessary to keep you safe." 

"I get your just trying to keep me safe, but I've been dealing with my visions since I was a baby. I know how to deal with them my way. Laying in a hospital bed just waiting for them to happen is irritating. I know when one is about to happen and I can just sit down quickly if I feel one coming." I told him.

"Were not debating this. You said it yourself, you never have this many visions. At some point you will understand why all this is being done." He sighed before typing on his computer.

"I'm tired of this." I groaned and swung my legs over the edge of the bed.

"I am my own person, and i say that I can stand up." I said firmly before transferring my weight to my legs instead of the edge of my bed.

"Octavia!" He yelled standing up and walking over.

"I'm fine, see." I told him. " I just want to walk around in here a little bit, then I will sit down so you don't lose it." I told him taking a lap around my bed.

I couldn't help but let out a laugh at the look of annoyance on his face.

"Now what?" He groaned.

"Oh nothing." I chuckled.