Chapter Six

I walked down the stairs that were only still slightly familiar from my arrival. I don't know most of this place though. It has a cozy feel to it, almost like a modern cabin, mansion, not really sure if that's a thing but if it were, this would be it. I walked into what looked like the living room and then into the kitchen where i saw Ryland eating cereal.

"Morning." He spoke only slightly glancing up at me from his laptop.

I took a seat two chairs away from him.

"I have work to do today so just stay in the house." He told me before scooting his chair back and leaving. Well okay then.

I decided to just skip breakfast today and explore a little. I walked down a few hallways. This was a ginormous house. I think it's just Rylands house, not shared with anyone like back at home. We lived in the same house as Uncle Brent and Uncle Jake.

I decided to look around a little bit. I walked through a few hallways glancing at the different pictures lining the walls. None of them containing pictures of anyone, just landscapes. I then passed what seemed to be Lincoln's office. I knocked softly on the door and heard him call for me to enter. I opened the door with a creak and he looked up from his laptop and at me. His dark green eyes connecting with mine.

"Everything ok?" He asked twirling his pen in between his fingers.

"Yeah, I'm just looking around." I told him.

"Well, you better remember how to get back to this office if you get lost." He joked causing me to roll my eyes.

"I can't give you a tour right now, but I can later if you want to wait a bit." He asked standing up and walking towards me. I backed up from the door a little as he got closer.

"I have a call with a neighboring Alpha in a few minutes. But I'll point you in the direction of the kitchen since you haven't eaten anything today." He said pointing down the hallway before quietly closing the door in between us.

I groaned before walking in the opposite direction he pointed me to. I stopped and looked at the pictures again before I kept heading to the kitchen when I suddenly heard screaming. I hurried over to the nearest window and looked out. There was a girl on the ground with a group of guys standing around her. Without thinking I quickly opened the window and jumped down. Luckily I was only on the second story or else that would've hurt. The group of guys looked at me in shock before they started laughing.

"Here to help the freak?" They joked. The girl had bruises and scratches on her arms and her dark hair was all disheveled.

"Get away from her." I ordered them.

"What are you going to do about it?" The tallest one threatened. I took a step closer to them before channeling my demon. There eyes widened as my eyes turned pitch black. I lunged at them knocking two of them over. One of them grabbed onto my arms trying to pull me off but I shoved him to the side knocking him over as well.

"Leave now. If I ever see you hurting or talking to anyone in a bad way, I will put you all in the ground." Their eyes widened as they took off running away. I took a deep breath and felt my demon sink back into my subconscious. I kneeled next to the girl who had tears streaming down her cheeks.

"thank you." She whispered.

"Of course, those jerks shouldn't have put their hands on you. I'm Octavia." I smiled reaching my hand out to help her up.

"I'm Grace." She smile back.

"Nice to meet you, Grace. Where were you heading, I can walk with you there."

" I was just going to go home to study, I have some big tests coming up this week." I nodded my head and followed her back to her house to make sure those bullies left her alone.