Chapter Seventeen

I traced circles on Rylands chest as we laid in our bed. It was almost dawn by the looks of it. I was listening to the rise and fall of Rylands chest. We struggled with keeping our hands to ourselves when we were near each other, last night was no exception, after we got back from the situation with the half shifters.

I decided to get up for the day and try to train a little. I quietly went into the closet and pulled on a pair of leggings and a dark top. I also grabbed my cloak and flung it over my shoulders. It was lightly snowing by the looks of it. I hurried out and headed down the creaky wood staircase. It was still dark in the house as I made my way to the front door.

I quietly opened it and made my way through the snow towards the training grounds. The snow crunched under my boots as I hurried through the dark.

The darkness felt almost refreshing.

I pushed open the large doors to the training building to see racks upon racks of various weapons. There were sparring mats through center of the compound. I went to pick up a dagger from one of the racks when I heard a cough. I immediately jumped and raised the dagger.

"Are you going to throw that at me?" Jeremiah chuckled. He was in shorts and his toned body was drenched in sweat. His brown hair flowing in front of his face covering his light blue eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him lowering the dagger.

"I could ask you the same thing." He spoke walking to the sparring mat. "Ry isn't going to be happy when he finds out about you leaving while it's dark out, you know?" He sighed.

"He'll live." I rolled my eyes.

"Want to spar?" He asked throwing the dagger to the side of the mat.

I just nodded and walked up to the mat.

He bowed his head slightly with a wicked smile before he charged. I quickly dodged his attack and went for a defensive approach. I don't know his fighting style yet.

I dodged another round of punches and managed to get a knee to his abdomen however that quickly backfired when I was slammed to the ground.

You are embarrassing us. The relentless voice snapped in my head.

Don't you have anything else to do with your time I snapped back.

I quickly rolled out of the way before he could land a punch. I swiped with my leg knocking him unbalanced but he quickly regained his form. He was good.

I quickly stood up but before i could even tell what was going on I got slammed to the ground again.

"You are a dick." I breathed trying to catch my breath.

"Your form is shit. Stand up." He spoke. I slowly got up. "Is it alright if I touch you?" He asked.

I just nodded. He placed his hands on my hips and angled them to the side, before nudging my feet with his foot until he was satisfied.

"Your fast, you should use that to your advantage with your attacks, all of yours exposed you." He continued when we heard a cough. We both jumped this time at the sight of Kolton.

"I'm offended you guys decided to train without me." He joked before walking towards us. He threw down his bag and pulled off his shirt before coming to stand next to me.

"Perfect Kolton and I will spar and you watch how my attacks match my advantages." Jeremiah said pointing to the side of the mat. I walked over and watched as Jeremiah went on the offensive again just this time on Kolton. Kolton however managed to block all of his punches before swiping at his ankle with his foot. Jeremiah stumbled and Kolton took his opportunity to go on the offensive with quick punches. I was in shock watching how clean and precise their movements were that I almost missed the small twitch of my hand. I internally panicked as it happened again.