Chapter Fifteen

I blinked slowly as the room became less blurry. I went to move but cried out as a searing pain went through my stomach. I slowly looked to the right and saw him. His eyes were shut, and there was an even rising and falling of his chest.

He was alive.
He was alive.
He was alive.

I reached up slowly and began tracing his face gently with my fingers. Slowly his eyes cracked open and I was met with his piercing emerald eyes.

"I love you." I breathed.

A smile crept its way to his face as he leaned down capturing my lips with his. I leaned into the kiss as much as I could without feeling an overwhelming sense of pain. Nothing else mattered now. I had Ryland and that would be more than enough.

"I'm sorry for how horrible I've been to you." He whispered leaning his forehead against mine. "You can take care of yourself and I should've trusted you enough to."

"I'm sorry for not listening to you." I said back quietly. "I didn't understand why you were so concerned about my safety until I lost you."

"I'm here." He spoke back taking my hand and placing it on his chest. I felt the warmth of his skin and the steady beat of his heart.

"What do you think is going to happen now?" I asked cautiously leaning my head against his chest.

"I don't know." He sighed. "I wish I knew but this has never been done before."

"Do you feel the same as you did before?" I asked him scared to hear the answer.

"I just feel sore, surprisingly. What about you? You were there too." He frowned.

"Something feels different, a part of me feels awake. I don't know how or why, but I feel like everything is going to change now." I spoke feeling more unsure then I have ever felt my whole life.

"We will face whatever comes together." He spoke lowering his mouth to mine.

He gripped my waist causing me to wince in pain.

Without waiting to ask he slowly lifted up the sweatshirt to reveal massive bruises lining my stomach and ribs.

"Fuck." He growled sliding away from me. His eyes went hazy before refocusing back on mine.

"Dr. Mae is on her way. Kolton and Jeremiah will also be here shortly. We are going to keep what happened to ourselves for now, okay?" He asked. For once I actually agreed with him. The less people to know about things like this the better.

A knock sounded at the door causing me to jump. Her we hurried over opening it. Dr. Mae greeted us both before examining my abdomen.

She applied a cream to the bruises and said that the bond would heal them within a few days.

Kolton and Jeremiah walked in they both had bruises littered across their faces. They looked at me on the bed with concern filled eyes.

"I'm fine." I told them rolling my eyes.

"We heard that you killed Cade. Thank you Luna." Jeremiah bowed his head slightly.

"You don't have to thank me, and you don't have to call me Luna." I spoke bowing my head slightly back to them. They both looked at me like I just grew another head.

"Octavia." Ryland spoke giving me a look. I just returned the look and stuck my tongue out at him. That earned a laugh from Kolton and an amused look from Jeremiah. They talked for a few minutes before Ryland shooed them out.

He laid down next to me pulling me on top of him. His eyes were flickering between red and his usual emerald color. I traced his jawline with my fingers before he quickly grabbed them kissing my wrist.

"What is it?" I breathed watching as he continuously fought his wolf for control.

"He wants to mark you." He growled staring into my eyes.

"I'm ready." I breathed meeting his stare. He growled out again flipping us so I was underneath him. He slammed his lips against mine before leaving kisses along my jaw and then down to my neck. I couldn't suppress the quiet moan that left my mouth at the overwhelming feeling surging through my body. I felt his canines descend against my neck before pain flooded my senses. I groaned but then heat flooded my body replacing any feeling of pain.

"Ryland." I breathed out gripping his shoulders. He slowly pulled away from my neck before descending again and licking at the small wound.

"Mine." He growled his eyes dark red. His lips crashed against mine again as he ground himself against me. I moaned out accidentally scratching at his bare shoulders.

"We should stop, before I can't." He breathed against my mouth. I looked into his lust filled eyes and nodded in agreement, ignoring the overwhelming sensation between my legs.

"We are going to have to have a ball when the time is right, to officially declare you Luna." He spoke staring at my now swollen lips. "But for now, this will be enough for people to know you are mine." He growled out. Our scents will now be intertwined, making it clear to other wolves that I am taken, as well as Ryland.

"Let's go eat." He spoke picking me up and carrying me out of our room.

"I can walk." I laughed at him.

"I don't give a fuck." He growled into my neck, his lips brushing where he marked me causing my body to shudder.

He chuckled before pulling away and continuing to walk with me in his arms.

"You're evil." I whined stuffing my face against his chest. Which only added to his amusement.

The smell of waffles filled my nose causing my stomach to grumble so loudly.

"Don't say it." I groaned feeling my cheeks heat. He bursted out laughing, giving me a look.

He placed me down on the stool at the counter before taking a seat next to me. Jack was making waffles as well as preparing an assortment of fruits. My mouth was watering at the sight of the delicious food.

Jack quickly placed the food on their respective plates before handing them to both of us, bowing his head.

"Thank you. It looks delicious." I spoke to him before diving in. The sweet taste of chocolate on the waffles flooded my mouth. I quickly inhaled all my food until my stomach ached.

Ryland looked at me with a raised brow and slight smile.

"Better?" He asked. I just nodded and leaned my head against his shoulder. He snaked his arm around my waist pulling me against him before heading towards his office. He placed me on the small couch before leaning over me. His lips crashed onto mine his tongue forcefully entering my mouth.

My body arched towards his as his hand ran down my breasts and then lower. I let out a moan against his lips as his hand continued to trail down my body. He moved his lips to my neck and he began kissing his mark. My mind felt cloudy as his mouth continued attacking my neck. His lips brushed against mine again before he whispered in my ear, "I can't wait to hear the noises you make when I'm inside you." He pulled away with an evil look on his face.

My face had to be the same shade as a tomato right now. I was struggling to catch my breath.

I will get him back for this.