"And what is THAT?"

Sean approaches me slowly, which makes me grow tense for a moment. Until he speaks out.
"Something happened to me over a week ago, and I heard something that has turned my head around on a lot of things. And now.......I'm a Christian just like you."

My head leans back as my eyes widen with shock. "Wait.....really?"

"Uh-huh. I- I had a pastor speak a prayer over me, and I've started reading scriptures for the past few days. It's been...a chore for sure, but, yes. I'm a believer just like you."

I glance down in awe for a moment, then lift my head back up with a smile and a soft chuckle. "Wow. Well, that's great man!"

"Yeah? It sure feels great."

I chuckle again and then shake his hand. "I'm happy for you man."

"Yeah?" Sean closes his eyes then looks down to the ground. "And, you remember what your Bible says. I just read this today."

"What's that?" I ask.

Sean sucker punches me in the nose and punches me down. "Turn the other cheek, Aldirt! And do NOT take vengeance against another man. Hahaha, you know you really outta pray for that nose to become more sturdy than what it is, rather than the paper material." He then kicks me by the side onto my back. "So maybe you should learn to duck every once in a while."

He then walks away with a chuckle, leaving me on the floor, annoyed and angry with a bloody nose. I'm trying to remind myself of calming verses in my head like I've done in the past, but it's hard for this moment. A young man and woman then rush up to me.

I had to go to the nurse's office to get the bandage. I texted Curtis and Cheyenne about what happened, and Curtis offered some prayer over my nose over the phone, while Cheyenne......well I can tell that she's angry because she didn't even respond after reading my text. Hopefully, she won't do anything to make things worse.

But the saddest part is, some of Sean's words actually DID sound genuine. He really seemed like, for a moment, he actually was trying to grow and turn a new leaf, but then at the last second, he just reverted back into the same, rude douchebag I've always known him as! Is it possible that he has faith now? Maybe. But then why would he do a 180 by breaking my nose again?

Either way, spring break starts tomorrow and people are gonna start preparing for spring break vacations, so I most likely won't have to lead worship over this weekend and come on stage with a broken nose and a bandage. If I'm lucky, the next time I lead after 2 weeks, it'll be completely healed.

Aa of now, one of my classes has an exam for tomorrow, and then our grades will be revealed after the break. So I'm making an effort to study my notes a LOT tonight. As I'm about to finish reading the next page of my notes-

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
There's a knock on the door, and I lift my head up and cover my face with a book. "Ehh, the door's open! You can come in!"

The door opens and Liana steps inside. "Hey, Al."

"Liana? Uh, hey, what's up?" I wasn't expecting her to stop by today.

"Oh nothing much, just stopping by. I was actually on my way to the mall. Then I got a text from your little friend saying I needed to check up on you. She said something sudden happened to you?"

I sigh and groan in subtle annoyance. "Basically." I slowly lower the book and reveal my bandage to her.

Liana's eyes widen when she sees my nose and cautiously steps toward me. "Oh geez. I haven't seen THAT face in a while."