When you don't need them on a mission and go with someone else

Codsworth:

He will ask the person you're gonna travel with for them to protect you first before themselves and to make sure you take care of your health. When you leave, he will shout to be careful and make sure to eat properly, make sure you always have ammo before going into a battle and sleep only in safe places.

Preston:

It depends on who you are going on an adventure with. Some he will warn or even threaten, others he will kindly greet and wish them luck. He will make sure you have enough ammo and stimpaks, giving you some if you are low. He will tell you to be safe and that he will watch over the settlements while you are gone.

Danse:

If it is a Synth, Ghoul or Mutant, he won't hesitate to insult them to their face before telling you not to go with them, disapproving of his lover going with such filth. When you scold him, saying he shouldn't insult them, he will frown, claiming you're too kind-hearted at times before leaving, knowing he can't stop you.

Piper:

She will be annoyed, not happy you would travel with someone else when she is your girlfriend. When you tell her the place you're going is too dangerous for her and you need someone with true battle experience, she will understand and thank you for wanting her to be safe, but still feel a bit annoyed you aren't allowing her to come along and join the fun.

Nick:

He won't mind, then he can continue his detective work for some other people who also need his help. When you worriedly ask if he's really sure he's okay with this, he chuckled and assured you he's okay with it and as long as you trust this person you're gonna travel with and are sure they won't stab you in the back the second you turn around, he's comfortable with it.

Hancock:

He will jokingly ask if you really don't wish for him to join, claiming he can make it way more fun. When you chuckle and say this isn't a mission you need him on, he will frown, a bit upset he can't help on your mission before wishing you luck.

Cait:

She won't hesitate to insult the person you're gonna travel with, annoyed you don't want to travel with her. When you tell her to not be selfish, she will immediately start an argument, saying she is a better fighter and she's not being selfish but making sure you're safe and not comfortable with letting you go on a mission that can get you killed with some person she never met. After a lot of assuring that you trust this person and know they are a good fighter, she will sigh but shrug, finally allowing you to go.

Strong:

He will frown, asking you why you're leaving strong Strong for some weak stranger. When you tell him they aren't a stranger and you trust them and need their skills on their next mission, he will complain about them being weak and how he's better.

Maccready:

He will wish you luck, mumbling he could use this break. When you chuckle and give him a kiss, telling him to relax while he has some free time, he will chuckle and say he will do that.

Deacon:

He will chuckle, asking if he isn't good enough anymore. When you tell him to be safe while alone, he will chuckle and say there is a 50% chance he will be spying on you. When you narrow your eyes and tell him not to spy on you, he will shrug and innocently say he can't help it.

Curie:

She will politely greet the person, telling the person the things they should know if they wish to travel with you before handing you some stimpaks, telling you to be careful. When you left, she waved goodbye, happily wishing you luck on your next exciting mission.

X6-88:

He will threaten them, not caring who they are or how strong. If they dare get you injured, they will be tortured. When you tell him not to threaten your travelling buddy, he will frown and tell you not to call them that before wishing you luck.

Dogmeat:

He will whimper, nudging your leg as if telling you not to leave him. When you give him a smile, saying you need a partner with a gun for the next mission, he will whimper some more, upset he can't hold a gun before leaving.

King:

He doesn't go on missions, will only keep you company while walking you across Freeside, so if you want to travel with someone else, he won't mind. He will simply threaten the person if you return with even a scratch he will make sure they don't leave Freeside with all their bones intact.

Butch:

He will frown, saying he's your boyfriend so he should travel with you. When you tell him you need someone with better skills with a gun, he will gasp before yelling he is good with a gun. When you tell him you need someone who is amazing with a gun, he will frown before storming away. He practiced shooting the whole time till you came back, very confident and excited to show you how good he became with a gun in the time you were gone.