If you are an inventor

Codsworth:

He will ask you if you are sure about this. As you work, he will carry some tools you use a lot so you can easily take and put them away. When you finish a work, he will praise you, saying you did a good job on this one.

Preston:

He will be amazed that you can do all this. When something breaks around the settlement, he will ask you if you can come look at it. If something needs to be build, he will ask you if you can do it when you have some time to kill.

Danse:

He will have a frown, not trusting this, asking if this is safe. He will give you some armor, telling you to at least wear some protection before anything goes wrong. When an invention goes wrong, he will give you an expression that says "I told you so". When you successfully do one, he will praise you before awkwardly asking what it is.

Piper:

She will curiously be asking you many questions, saying this is so interesting and she wishes she could make stuff like this. She will praise you, saying you are so amazing. When you say it's nothing special, she will huff in disbelief and say you are too unsure of yourself and you are definitely amazing and barely anyone here can do this so you shouldn't be so hard on yourself because this is an amazing talent/skill.

Nick:

You repaired all his broken parts for him, which he thanked you for. It was a bit awkward because he kept flinching, trying to pull away, and making weird noises, saying it tickles. Afterwards, he asked you not to bring it up, a bit embarrassed by how he acted during that time, so you assured him it's okay and you understand since you were touching many of his wires and you won't bring it up if he doesn't want it.

Hancock:

He won't touch it, not wishing to accidentally ruin anything, just lean over it, eyeing it closely, asking what each one does and if he can test it out some time. He will brag about you sometimes, saying his lover is an inventor and you make a lot of amazing stuff.

Cait:

She will be watching, sipping some beer, curiously asking you what you are doing over there. When you give her a whole technical talk, she will stare before chuckling that she has no idea what you are talking about but okay.

Strong:

He will just be confused, picking up an invention you gave up on halfway, asking you why you do all this. As you tell him the reason, he's curiously poking it before tossing it to the side, saying he does not see the point but you seem happy doing it so he will support it.

Maccready:

He will watch you, curious as to how you do this before he asked you what got you into this and who taught you. As you tell him, he will closely listen, interested to hear the answer. When you hurt yourself, even just a little cut, he will panic, asking if you are okay while quickly pulling out a tissue and holding it against the wound before sighing and saying it would be wise to have some medicine and bandages nearby.

Deacon:

He will mess with your inventions, quickly putting it down when something falls off or it makes a noise, saying stuff to try and make it look as if he isn't touching it, which just lets you know he is definitely touching it.

Curie:

When you hurt yourself while working, she will attend to the wound, telling you with a smile but strict voice that you should be more careful during work and that she has heard of many people who lose a finger or even their lives doing such things so be extra careful.

X6-88:

He will mostly leave you alone so you can focus. When he sees you, he will ask you what you are making, handing you the tools you ask for. When you are done explaining it to him, he will wish you luck with this new project before leaving so you can continue working in peace again.

Dogmeat:

When you need a tool, just say the tool and he will rush away and return with the tool, happily barking, happy he's able to help.

King:

If you need some of his boys to help you, he will let you borrow some. When you offered to take a look at Rex for him, he got very excited and happy, saying he would love that before looking at Rex with a smile, telling the dog he might get better. When you jokingly said you can put a gun on Rex, he chuckled and said as long as it doesn't hurt him.

Benny:

He will read something, not really reading, more busy with sneakily glancing over it to see if you are ready or not and what you are doing. When you say you are finished, he is quick to throw the thing aside and rush over, curiously asking what it is and what it does.

Butch:

He's always trying to touch your inventions so you are usually slapping his hand, telling him not to touch your stuff. He will groan but listen and not touch it. When you make something new, he will excitedly ask if he can test it out.