When you cry while listening to a holotape someone you loved left behind

This person can be your previous lover, a best friend, your father or mother. It's never said who it is so you can decide that.

Codsworth:

He remembered them, asking you if that was who he thinks it was. When you nod with teary eyes, he sighed and said they were indeed a fun person and also misses them but sadly surviving in this world is a tough task. He added in a mumble that he hopes they didn't suffer as they died.

Preston:

He got a bit upset, knowing losing a person is already hard and then hearing their voice again is also tough. When tears formed in your eyes and you looked away, he gently touched your shoulder, assuring you it's okay and he understands. He glanced around before asking if you want him to leave. When you stayed silent for a bit, he patiently waited. When you asked if you can talk to him about this person, he nod, saying of course and sat down, motioning for you to also sit down so you can both comfortably sit down and talk.

Danse:

He patiently waited until the tape was done, watching you with upset eyes as you cried. When the tape finished, he offered to keep it for safe keeping and so it won't get lost between your other items or you accidentally sell it. So you handed it to him, sniffing out a thank you. He shook his head, assuring you there is no need to thank him. He kept it very safe and made sure it's never broken after a fight and it's still there.

Piper:

She let out a little gasp, asking quietly if that's the person you mentioned a few times. When you nod, she nod back, staying silent for the rest of the tape so you can focus on it. When it was done and you looked up to try and not to cry, she was quick to assure you it's okay to cry. So as you cried, she held you, telling you things softly to comfort you.

Nick:

He waited outside until the tape was done, then he walked over before asking you if you are okay. Obviously he knew you weren't, you just listened to the voice of a person you loved so much, it was just the only question he knew to ask. When you shook your head, he wrapped his arms around you and stroked your head as you cried against him.

Hancock:

He was quite shocked. He heard you talking about this person so fondly before so he kind of could guess how you feel right now, even he felt sad seeing you crying as you listened to it. Once it was finished, he was unsure what to say before he just said "wow..." before asking if that was the person you told him about.

Cait:

She stayed silent, unsure how to react right now as you cried. Once the tape finished, she awkwardly asked you if you will be okay. When you whispered you just need a minute, she nod, rubbing your back as a "I will wait outside if you need me" before she left to leave you alone in peace and guard the door so no enemies suddenly attack.

Strong:

He just let out a confused noise before asking who that was, saying they sound weak. When you said who it was and how they meant a lot to you, he let out an awkward noise, glancing away before mumbling sorry.

Maccready:

He stayed silent, watching you as you teared up as you listened to the tape. When it finished and you covered your face with your hands, he rubbed your back in a soothing manner. When you began telling him who it was and some meories you have with them, he listened. He checked his pocket to make sure it's empty before telling you he can keep it in his pocket since that will be more safe and secure than your bag.

Deacon:

He tried to cheer you up with a joke but then realized this is not the moment for jokes and awkwardly apologized. So he just rubbed your back, slowly asking how they passed away, curious. While you told him, he listened closely, nodding so you know he's listening. When you were finished and were ready to continue, he asked if you are sure, feeling a bit awkward and bad for continuing this stressful mission stuff when you just had to go through this sad stuff.

Curie:

She let out a sad gasp, saying this is that person you told her about before asking you how you feel. When you said not sure, you feel like crying, she assured you she heard that is a completely normal reaction so do cry as it can help you. As you cried, she patiently waited while saying some kind things to comfort you.

X6-88:

He watched before asking if you need a minute alone. When you nod, he nod back before leaving the room and just waiting outside until you were ready to come out. When you opened the door, he asked if you are okay now, assuring you you can take more time if you need it. When you shook your head, saying you are ready to continue, he nod and began walking to the next location.

Dogmeat:

He laid against you with a sad whimper, not really knowing what's being said on the tape but you being sad makes him sad.

King:

As he entered the room and saw you sitting there, looking so sad while holding a holotape, he walked over before crouching down, asking you what's wrong. When you held the holotape up, whispering it's just this. He took it to inspect it before asking you what's on it. As you explained, he took a seat aside him, wrapping an arm around you to hold you and show you he's here for you.

Benny: (He's based off of the real Benny Siegel, who was a sociopath, so I'm just gonna make him be a little less empathetic than the others.)

He just waited while watching you. When it was over, he asked who that was, taking the holotape from you as you covered your face. He eyed the holotape before seeing the name scribbled on it. He repeated it before asking who that was. As you told him, he pulled out a tissue and held it to you. When you finished telling him, he told you he will keep it in his suite, where it will be safe.

Butch:

He looked away and then looked back at you, only to flinch and panic as you had tears rolling down. He was quick to take your shoulders, asking you why you are crying. When you said who it was and how much you cared for them, he stared at the holotape, understanding what's going on now before he wrapped his arms around you. He wasn't sure what to say so he just held you, rubbing your back in a soothing manner to comfort you.