Chapter 44: Confession

Koda's POV:

Velvet was at a breaking point. Artorius and Innominat manage to get in to her head and play with her emotions. I need to be by her now more then ever. Until we can get out of the earthpulse. Along the way there were still monsters to fight, but they waren't that strong. We need find everyone else to and get out of here. but then...

(Auther note: Pretty simalar to how Velvet found Koda. Coincidence or fate?)

I grabbed Eizen by his collar and looked him dead in the eye as he just looked at me.

Koda: Don't you DARE say another word about using her! I swear... I don't care how powerful you are Eizen. I'll beat you INTO A BLOODY PULP IF YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT USING HER! How'd you feel if that was your sister?! Of course you forgot because you abandoned her because of your curse, right!?

Eizen: *Gasp* Tsk...

I let go and pushed him alittle.

Koda: ...If you wanna run your hole life, go ahead. I'm gonna fight back and save Velvet! Because I don't abandon anyone. be it a friend, family member, or someone I love!

Eizen: ....

Koda: And don't even flip that coin of yours!

I walked off to Velvet. Everyone understood I cared for her. They know I would never use her. We continued on to find a way out. Rokurou thought if Velvet kept getting shaken up like this, she  would break. But I told them, that's not gonna happen. I'll do more then just protect her. I'll save her from despair. Then another memory or earthen-historia as Eizen put it, appeared in front of us.

(Auther Note: 1:28; Eizen says to Koda)

Koda:  (But what made him changed if he cared for Celica this much?)

Eizen: What we just saw... Was that from before the Opening?

Koda: It was, many years before I came to Aball. Celica was there and Artorius...

Phi: It looked like he still had the use of both his arms. It didn't look like he was an exorcist, either.

Rokurou: But he's since become an exorcist, taking on the mantle of Shepherd and the weight of the world...

Eizen: All because he lost his beloved wife...

Rokurou: I mean, I understand if he wanted to back out. But at this rate, I think the time is coming. Not much longer now.

Koda: Oh its coming alright. (Did this really make you change?)

(Author note: Much like how Koda failed to grab Velvet's hand that night.)

Koda: ...Artorius... Seres...( No Velvet....That's not who you are! I know who you are, and that's not what you are!)

We continued onward. We then found a rift, that was how we could get out of here.

Phi: Look!

Koda: Is that it?