Chapter 35: The Next Step

(We came this far.)

Koda's POV:

As we sailed back to Titania. I began to have doubts again. All ready, the Abbey had falsely made a rumor about us. The Lord of Calamity and the Hellhound of Calamity, that's something. Like Velvet, I don't really care what they call me. A tratior, demon collaborator, A Hellhound of Calamity. I don't care. As long as I can protect Velvet, that's enough. I don't care if I'm a hero or villian. I have to stop Artorius before more people will suffer at the hands of so-called reason and order.

As we we're sailing back I was keeping an eye on Medissa, to make sure she doesn't try anything. She just glared at me, but not an angry glare, it was more of trying to figure me out.

Koda: If you wanna talk, go ahead. I'm just keeping guard.

Medissa: Why did you stop me back there?

Koda: ....

Medissa: You could have killed me, but you choose to stop me. Why?

Koda: I saved you from doing something stupid. But you wouldn't believe anything a "Hellhound of Calamity" would say, would you?

Medissa: ....

Koda: The truth is, I didn't want loose something precious to me, again.

Medissa: Again?

Koda: Yeah. Just like how you cared for your daughter, I care deeply for Velvet. But three years ago, on the night of the Advent, I was separated by the one person in this world I wanted to protect. She was a normal girl, living her life with her younger brother and me. And even though I found her again after three years, I know there is still a part of Velvet that I can save.

Medissa: ...

Koda: We're almost there. Just think about what I said. You don't have to be a tool to the Abbey.

I then walked to the bow of the ship.

Velvet's POV:

Medissa: Are you keeping an eye on your Hellhound, Lord of Calamity?

Velvet: ...He's not any kind of hound, he's Koda.

Medissa: ... He seems more gentle then some Calamity. It seems like he's very dedicated to protecting you. If I didn't know any better I think he loves you.

Velvet: hmm.

Medissa: Don't mistake me, I know love when I see it, and I believe he does hold high feelings for you.

Koda POV:

We had just docked our ship and were about to head inside.

Kamoana: Welcome back!

Kamoana came to greet us.

Medissa: She's the same age as Diana! Did the Abbey really turn someone that young into a therion?

Koda: Yes, they did. And she's your answer.

But as soon as Kamoana ran up and saw Medissa, she got scared. She ran but tripped and started crying. Phi tried to see if she was okay. Then I noticed Eleanor undoing the binding arte.

Velvet: Eleanor!

I put my hand out to stop Velvet. I knew what Eleanor was doing.

Eleanor: Medissa... Please. Would you be able to talk to Kamoana?

Medissa: Is this a trick?

Eleanor: She maybe a therion, but deep down she's still a normal little girl who misses her mother. I can't do anything to console her, no matter what I try. But if it were you...