Chapter 55: What it means to live

Once we got done, we returned to Merchio and then headed back to the Van Eltia in Hellawes. With the four Elemental Empyrains awakened, It seemed that people were starting to gain their free will back again. But, our fight was not over yet. We still have to deal with Artorius and Innominat.

Benwick: Welcome back! I take it you defeated the Legates.

Koda: Yeah, we did.

Velvet: But that still leaves Innominat and the Shepherd.

Benwick: Onward ho to the last battle! I picked up something nice for you two, here.

He hands us an apple.

Koda: An apple?

Benwick: It's a Fortune Apple. A good-luck charm. No real powers, but they're hard to find. Legend has it, they're pretty lucky.

Koda: A Fortune Apple...

Rokurou: Hmm... But we're the bad guy's aren't we? Maybe what we need is bad luck instead.

Magilou: I think the Reaper's got that covered.

Benwick: Aww that's just mean.

Velvet: Well, we appreciate the thought. Thanks, Benwick. Koda and I love apples.

Benwick: Just don't eat it.

Velvet: I couldn't eat it even if I wanted to.

I then noticed Velvet staring at the apple.

Koda: Velvet, you okay?

She then looks at me.

Velvet: It's nothing, I'm fine.

Benwick: So, where's our final destination?

Koda: The Empyrean's Throne.

Eizen: Sail for port Zekson!

Benwick: Aye aye, Sir!

We then boarded the ship and made our way to the Port Zekson and Loegras.

Later that night on the sea/Velvet's POV:

Eleanor: So what was it you needed to say to me alone?

Velvet: Where's Koda and Laphicet?

Eleanor: Koda is with Magilou figuring out the armatus arte to make it a way to fight back against Innominat. And Laphicet wanted to stand guard with me, but I forced him to get some rest. After all this fighting, they could use some rest.

Velvet: I owe for you looking after Koda. He always tries to be tough.

Eleanor: Just like the person who's special to him and who gave him his purpose. You two are alot alike.

Velvet: ...He's not like me. He's full of understanding and has a kind and noble soul. Even now, I don't know why he's fixated on me living.

Eleanor: You don't get it do you.