Chapter 3: A Scarlet Night?

Koda's POV:

I woke up and got Laphi. We then got the book and snuck out without waking Velvet. As we snuck out, the village looked like it's normal self. We gave the merchant owner Laphi's copy of Arthur's book. We sold the book and used the money to buy the comb for Velvet.

Koda: Alright we got it. Now to find a nice way to give it to her...

Laphicet: Hey Koda, can we go to the cape?

I then remember how badly he wanted to go but I knew he wasn't in the best condition to be going around.

Koda: sighs...Alright, only for alittle bit, just incase Velvet doesn't hurt us.

Laphicet: Alright!

Then we headed to the cape.

Velvet POV:

I woke up noticing no one was around. I didn't see Laphi or Koda anywhere. I then thought they could be in town. I left the house and didn't see them outside, so I went to search in town for them. I went to talk to the merchant incase he saw him.

Velvet: Excuse me, Have you seen Laphi or Koda?

Merchant: Ugh? No I haven't seen them around.

I then noticed that book.

Velvet: Hey, Is that Arthur's book.

Merchant: Actually, it's a copy Laphicet made. He and Koda just brought it here.

Velvet: Oh! Then where are they now?

Merchant: I think they said they were heading for the cape.

Velvet: Aaah, those two!

I then headed to the cape to find those two.

Velvet:(Please be alright.)

Koda's POV:

Laphicet and I arrived at the cape. It was right by where the opening happened. The breeze felt amazing and felt much like home. While Laphicet was admiring the view, I was looking all around. This was the place where my dream took place. But, I didn't let it get to me, then I see Laphicet, he looked like was talking to someone.

Koda: Hey bud! You talking to someone?

Laphicet: Yeah Seres!

Koda: Seres?

Laphicet: Yeah Arthur's malak.

Koda: I remember him talking to me about them. Malak are special beings and can't be seen by normal human eyes.

Laphicet: That's right, unless that person is strong with resonance!

Koda: So what is she saying?

Laphicet: She was saying "take good care of Velvet for me." She says to you.

Koda: .....I will.

Laphicet: Wow I thought you would be all nervous every time I brought up her and you being something.

Koda: ha well sometimes a person can change. Besides she'd kill me if for some reason if you got hurt cause of me-.

Velvet: THERE YOU TWO ARE!!!!!

We look and see Velvet worried and concerned while exhausted.

Velvet: What were you thinking Koda bringing Laphi here-

Laphicet: It's not his fault Velvet, I wanted to come so I begged him to take me here and he protected me on the way here.

Velvet: Really!? Well sorry about that, Koda. Guess I got too worried.