Chapter 43: Innominat

Koda's POV:

Koda's POV:

Innominat?! but why does he have Laphi's face? And how is he here?!

Velvet: Laphi....?

Eleanor: Velvet's brother?!

Magilou: So that's his game.

Innominat: That's right. I am Laphicet Crowe. And more, I am also Empyrean Innominat, the Suppressor.

Velvet: N-No... That's... Innominat...?

Koda: What are you try to pull, Artorius?!

Artorius: ...

Eizen then shot and arte at Innominat but blocked it.

Eizen: If you two are gonna do this, you gotta commit! He's our enemy!

Koda: ...Yeah. That's not him...

Velvet: I'ts just...just another Illusion! I'll devour all of you!

Innominat: Velvet, Koda, that's what you've been doing this whole time... Struggling against all reason.

Velvet: Shut up!

Koda: Don't you dare... pretend to be her brother! Because your not!

All of us charged him with everything. Artes, weapons, tricks....but It wasn't enough. Not even I could make a dent with my sword against him.

Innominat: Your struggles are over. All your pain, your suffering. I'll end all of it for you.

He pushed us back with a shock wave. It was so intense we were struggling to get back up.

Koda/Velvet: *panting*

Eizen: Is this... the power of an Empyrean...?

Percival: Exactly. That boy is Empyrean Innominat the Suppressor.

Eleanor: But how? we took away his strength...

Shigure: By kidnapping the therions? Sorry to burst your bubble, but you were too late! It was never about the AMOUNT of Malevolence the therions devoured, what we need to awaken him...

Artorius: ... was eight different "types" of malevolence. Greed, conceit, lust, cowardice, selfishness, obsession... Those six Innominat had already devoured by the time you managed to tear the therions away. That leaves...just the two inside Velvet. Hatred and Dispair. Once Innominat has them, then he will be fully awakened.

Koda: Hatred and Dispair...?

Innominat: And I don't even need an earthpulse for that. I can eat them right here.

I couldn't tell what Velvet was going through. Seeing her dead brother's face, that's too much. As Innominat reached out his hand to her I swatted it away.

Koda: Don't touch her!

Rokurou: Like hell you will!

Rokurou charged with Stormquell. Innominat constructed a Rapier and held back Rokurou, with little effort. Rokurou kept swinging with all his strength and Innominat barely put any effort and easily broke the Orichalcum blade.