Chapter 54: Mystery of the Mayvins.

Koda's POV:

With Shigure's soul absorbed, we had one Legate left to awaken the Empyreans. Melchior no doubt, is tough but i've overcome his power of Illusion and so has Velvet. I'll make sure he suffers for what he did to Velvet's family and offer him as a sacrifice to the Empyreans. We continued on through the Volcano.

Magilou: It's scorching! No, it's torrid! Wait, no, It's HHHHOOOOOOOT!

Eleanor: Can you please stop making a fuss?

Magilou: Anyone who can keep their cool inside a volcano needs their heads examined.

Phi: I can feel the power of the Earthpulse flowing upward. This is the lifespring.

Eizen: That's odd. Melchior isn't here.

Melchior: Have you devoured even Shigure, Lord of Calamity, Hellhound of Calamity?!

Koda: Speak of the devil.

We all heard Melchior's voice come from above us.

Melchior: But remember! The only exorcists whose's souls are worthy of sacrifice are Shigure, Oscar, Teresa... and me!

Eizen: He's above us. At the volcano's peak.

Melchior: With only three souls, you can only awaken three Empyrean's. That won't be enough to seal Innominat's power. If you are missing even one, awakening them will cause this volcano to erupt, with you inside it. If you seek to awaken all four elemental Empyreans, then come, try and take my soul from me!

He talked big, but he wasn't wrong. Not even three empyreans can stop Innominat.

Velvet: What do you think, Magilou?

Magilou: Trap. Melchior's greatest strength lies in his power over ice. I only wish we could lure him down here.

Eizen: But we dare not forget. He's an exorcist who spent years plotting to awaken Innominat.

Magilou: Exactly. He could be capable of anything It'd be dangerous to assume otherwise.

Koda: Tsk... Don't I know it. I'm gonna tear him apart for taking everything from me and Velvet. *Takes a breath*...This maybe a bad time, but Magilou, you have a history with Melchior, don't you?

Magilou: You better believe It's the wrong time. ...Long ago, I was Magillanica Lou Mayvin, Melchior's foster daughter, and before I was cast out, his disciple.

Koda: What?!

Eleanor: Magillanica...? *gasp* Y-Your the lost Legate.

Magilou: So Even after ten years, my name still lives on...

Rokurou: I'm impressed. You must have commanded a lot of respect.

Magilou: Not in the least. The relationship between me and Melchior was like that between Koda, Velvet and Artorius. The debts owed, and the grudges held... Velvet, Koda, you two don't have to believe me. You may never believe me. But I tell you now I want to settle my--

Velvet: We don't care much about the affairs of a witch, now do we?

Koda: Yeah. We're going to the peak to find him, and I'm going to make him pay for what he did to Velvet. Just doing what we wanna do.

Magilou: Yup! That's right! And I'm going with you! Like always!

[Private Skit]

We continued onward to the peck of the volcano, fighting monsters to prepare ourselves. Along the way I was concerned how Velvet felt after devouring Shigure's soul.