9.

Normani was in a hectic rush that next evening. Camila had texted her at around 4:00, to tell her that she would be there by 6 for their date. That gave Normani 2 hours to prepare, but luckily she had the help of Dinah Jane.

"Wear this, because it's casual yet hot and screams take me I'm yours," Dinah said as she tossed the outfit on Normani's bed after pulling it from her closet.

Normani frowned as she looked at Dinah, quirking an eyebrow silently, "Um, DJ, you do realize this is our first date, right?" Normani asked her friend, making sure to put emphasis on the word first.

"Yeah, so?" Dinah looked at Normani, "You want to keep her coming back for more. Then that is outfit you need to wear."

"Okay," Normani said not having the time or patience to argue with the Polynesian. Normani quickly moved off towards her bathroom to take a shower and do her usual routine. Once she emerged from her bathroom she quickly got dressed only to be forced to sit down at her vanity so that Dinah could do her hair and make up.

"Are you nervous?" Dinah asked as she worked on Normani's eyes.

"No," Normani lied easily, and Dinah stopped moving to give her friend the 'you fuckin lying' look, "Okay, maybe. I mean, Camila and I hung out all of the time and we talk everyday, but this is different. This is a real date. Not just one of our 'lets grab pizza and call it a date' dates, ya know?"

"I don't," Dinah snorted, "But I think I understand what you mean," Dinah said as she went back to work, "I don't think you have anything to be nervous of. After talking it out last night, when you went to bed, I looked at like recent shit of you guys. Ya know being caught by the paparazzi and cameras and shit. And Camila looks at you that way you look at chicken wings and I look at Beyonce."

"You think so?" Normani asked as she looked up at Dinah.

"I know so, now close your eyes," Dinah huffed and Normani laughed as she did what she was told.

An hour and a half later, Normani was finally finished and Dinah stepped back to smile in appreciation, "Damn, I'm good. If this whole singing thing don't work out I may just go to Cosmetology school."

Normani rolled her eyes, "As if music won't work out for you. You've got pipes, girl, use them and drop that album we all waiting for," Normani said as she stood up and looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes widened at the sight before her, and a grin took over her features, "Never mind, I take that back. Screw music and become one of my new glam artists."

Dinah laughed at Normani's words and waved her hand dismissively, "Aw, shucks. I knew I was good but to be good enough to be Normani Kordei's glam artists. Now damn, that's the dream," Dinah joked, "You look good, Mani. Mila's not gonna know what hit her."

Normani agreed wholeheartedly with Dinah's words, she did look good. Hell, she looked fucking sexy. She was feeling herself way too much as she looked in the mirror.