Promises & Secrets

***Royalty's P.O.V***

I closed the door behind us blocking off the outside from us and us from the outside.

For right now, I needed it to be just us.

"What do you want?", he questioned, trying to clean the wounds on his face.

"I want to know what happened to you?", I said just standing there, watching him.

He hissed as he placed alcohol on his eye and I shook my head at him.

"Here, let me do that", I said ducking under his arms and standing between him and the sink.

Realizing what I just did we stare at each other for a moment before I take the cotton ball from him.

"This may burn", I say before gently pressing the cotton against the bruised areas on his face.

He clenched his jaw and watched me with his one good eye.

"Look at you..", I muttered more to myself than him.

I didn't know what to say, how to feel. I wanted to talk to him but what could I say?

What was I supposed to say?

"I know you saw us that night", he said.

I licked my lips and grabbed some antiseptic, "Hmm, What do you mean?"

"Don't play dumb, Royalty. I know you saw us and I know you told Neveah.", he said darkly.

I exhaled, "I had to tell he, but it doesn't mean anything to me, honestly".

You know, no biggie, you just slept with the bitch that's trying to murder me.

He grabbed my wrists roughly making me lookup to him in shock, "It is a big deal, Royalty. You think I wanted you to see that? You think I wanted to hurt you?", he raised his voice.

I bit the inside of my cheek and dropped the antiseptic, "Does it matter anymore if you wanted to hurt me or not?"

He let go of me and backed away, running a hand through his hair.

"Yeah. It does".

"It doesn't. If it did, you wouldn't have left me Zane. You wouldn't have treated me the way you did".

"Royalty.. I'm sorry. This has been a lot on me, you have to understand that-"

"A lot on you?! Zane, you aren't the one walking around with a fetus in you! You aren't the one being choked and threatened by the guy who knocked her up nor or you the one who has to fear their life every minute an second of the day for their life", I yell exhausted.

"What do you mean your life's being threatened?", he says stepping forward.

"It's nothing Zane, forget I even said anything", i said turning away from him.

Gripping the sink I hang my head, sighing when I feel his presence behind me.

"I am sorry,Royalty. I didn't mean to hurt you, physically or emotionally, I just, it was a shock to me. I couldn't handle the fact that I made such a mistake like that. I let my anger take control I'm sorry", he sighed, regret lacing his voice.

I turned around to face him, "Mistake? You think this baby's a mistake? Zane, this is my child, our child and you think that it was a mistake, okay yeah maybe it was at first but you can't be serious Zane. This is our baby. And I want to keep my baby. Even if it means I have to do it without you", I said a traitor tear slipping away.

He grabbed my chin and made me look up at him and my heart skipped at how battered and bruised he looked.

"I didn't want the kid", he started, "I wanted you to have an abortion, I thought maybe then it'd just be behind us and everything would be better, especially seeing as you could lose your life if you kept the baby. But then I realized it'd be worst if you didn't and I did't know how to handle it. I lost control of my anger, I started drinking again..", he trails off and places his hands on either sides of me.

I placed my hands on his chest and swirled my fingers,"Why'd you sleep with her?"

"I wanna say it was an in the moment thing but, I don't think that'd be a smart answer.", he replied leaning his forehead against mine.

Placing his hand against my stomach he massaged it, "I am sorry Royalty"

Placing my hand over his I sigh, "You say you are now but will you still be tomorrow? I don't know you anymore, Zane. You're like a loose cannon I-"

He captured my lips in his in a soft embrace, his lips kissing slowly as though awaiting a rejection. I placed my hands on his accepting his lips in a sweet yet rushed manner. I was weary of forgiving him so easily after all, I had no idea if he'd just revert to his old ways tomorrow but for right now all that seemed to matter was his lips against mine.

He lifted me up and placed me against the counter, standing between my legs, our lips still interlocked.

Pulling away for oxygen I blush and bite my lip nervously as he looks down at me, "I'll make it up to you Royalty, I promise."

I folded my lips and nodded.

"I know you don't believe me right now, but I'll make it up and I'll be there for you. For our baby", he said holding my face, leaning his forehead against mine.

I nodded and exhaled deeply, "Okay".

His arms wrapped around me in a tight embrace and I sighed into him. I missed him. So much but he was like a ticking time bomb. All I could do was hold on and hope.

A comforting and relaxed silence settled between us when he pulled away, a stern look gracing his face.

"Earlier, you mentioned something about someone threatening your life?", he said his eyes asking the questioned he burned to.

"Yeah, I-"

"Royalty please, I know how I've been lately and I haven't made it the easiest for you to trust me right now but I still care about you. That'd never change, no matter how angry or upset I am", he said holding my hand in his.

I gulped and looked him dead in the eye, "I know who attacked me that night at the bar, actually they haven't left me alone since. They've been threatening to hut me and my baby, even kill me if I don't shut up about it", I say.

He looks at me in bewilderment, anger swirling in his eyes.

I place my hand in his.

"Promise me, you won't go out there and you  won't lose your temper when I tell you this", I plead.

"Royalty tell me", he grits out.

I nod expressionless, "Laila. She's been the one threatening me. She wants me dead".