Love Lies

** Laila's P.O.V **

I sighed as I turned to the now cold and empty spot beside me.

The spot that should have been inhabited by Zane. I rolled onto my back,running my hand down my face.

I was so naive for believing that things would be different now, for believing that because I knew the cause of his pain I'd be treated any differently than his random whores.

For believing that I could change our title from Bestfriends to lovers.

Feeling as though there was a 10 pound bag weighing me down, I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower with a groan.

Turning the water on to hot, I let the warm water hit my skin I looked down at my bruised body, the candle wax remnants forming red swollen marks against my skin.

Now I remember why I stopped with that kink.

Washing my body, careful of the bruised spots Anger started to course through my veins. One would think that after countless months of fooling around with Zane he'd finally claim me.

I understood completely how torn and hurt he must be with Royalty, but I was there for him, always would be, so what I didn't understand was how she still seemed to weave her way into his mind; our relationship and draw us apart.

Turning off the now cold water I exit the shower, wrapping towel around me scrolling through my socials as I decided to let my body airdry.

Not like I had anything better to do.

Opening Instagram, I scrolled through my feed stumbling a recent photo of Neveah. I had meant to unfollow her but clearly never got around to it.

Or maybe I just didnt want to.

I looked at the photo, it was one of her  in the bath, clearly doing one of those milk bath photoshoots that were trending recently on Tiktok.

My heart hammered in my chest as I subconsciously scrolled through the rest of her pictures, glancing longer than I needed too on the less conservatively dressed ones.

So much for being over her.

With a sudden surge of determination I got up going to my closet and looking for an outfit.

If Zane didnt want to make any moves to make me his I would find someone who did.

**Neveah's P.O.V **

It had been 2 days since the little Confrontation between Royalty and the others, which meant 2 days since I last saw Laila and about a week or two since we last spoke.

I had decided that it was evident she wanted nothing to do with me anymore and I honestly gave up on caring which brings me to my current predicament.

Royalty was over her mood with Zane and Jax or she was probably just hiding her feelings, either way she had eased up on the drinking but not so much on the sex.

But that's probably just her daddy issues or mommy issues seeing as she's been with more girls than boys.

"Babe are you even listening to me?"

I snapped back into reality as I stared at the blonde in front of me.

What the fuck was her name again?

"Yeah babe", I said nibbling on her ears as I pushed her down onto my bed, going down to her barely there breasts.

Honestly, I had no idea what this bitch was on about. I was merely killing time until Royalty came back from her date and decided to get myself a little snack.