Web Of Lies

***Laila's P.O.V***

It was a lie.

Another lie.Packed atop the many lies in my life.

But what was I supposed to tell her?

I tried to kill myself because the two people I love left me for the same girl.

I was pathetic.

I was in the infirmary waiting for the nurse to finish up the stitches and Neveah had left about an hour ago to go look for Zane. 

My anxiety levels were on the fritz.I knew she'd hurt him, maybe even hospitalize him but I couldn't let her. As much as I despised his recent choice of actions I still loved him.

But he'd have to take the fall this time.

 I couldn't let him ruin my plans. 

"Okay I'm done here and I'll give you some painkillers but please, next time. Talk to someone, okay?", the nurse said as she finished up. 

I looked away, nodding. I'd come here enough times for the nurse to know this wasn't an attack, but a mere coping mechanism, albeit an unhealthy one.

I wondered what Neveah would do. I had to beg her not to call the cops but I knew when she found him, all hell would break loose. 

Maybe I shouldn't have told her it was Zane.

But then if I hadn't it would ruin my plan and I couldn't have her finding out the truth. Not now.

I wrung my hands together feeling myself start to sweat.I had to figure out what to do. I couldn't turn to anyone.

I didn't have anyone to turn to.

Picking up my phone I dialed Neveah's number.

She picked up on the third ring.

"Where are you?", I asked anxiety lacing my voice.

"I'm at Jax's, he left to go get Zane from a bar. Apparently he got into some fight. I guess everyone wants to beat him up tonight", she replied in distaste.

I sighed in relief, "I'm coming there don't go anywhere", I said putting down before she could protest.

If I knew Neveah she'd want me to rest up but I was immune to this pain, used to it.

If anything it was reminder of what I had to do.

Why it had to be done.

I knocked furiously on Jax's dorm room door when I got there.

The door opened to reveal Royalty and I looked at her in shock.

What the hell was she doing here?

She held the door open and I walked in and headed straight to Neveah who was sitting at the counter. 

"Babe", she said pulling me into a hug and kissing my forehead.

"I'm fine", I said pulling away from her and glancing at Royalty who was already glaring at me.

"Laila, you're not fine. You were attacked. By Zane. Why would he even do this to you?", she rambled, pacing.

"I think the question is when did he do it to you, Laila?", Royalty asked folding her arms and looking at me.

I turned around and faced her, eyeing her warily.

What the fuck was she trying to get at? 

Neveah said nothing but merely looked at me, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.