Appalling Revelations

***Neveah's P.O.V ***

"What's happening? Is she going to be okay?", I asked in worry.

"Please mam, just wait outside, we'll be with you shortly.", a nurse said escorting me outside.

I sighed waiting outside, my head in my hands as I willed myself not to cry.

What was happening to Royalty? Why was she suddenly so sick?

I sat on one of the chairs in the waiting room as my head swirled.

Whatever that person did to her was affecting her system horribly, that was the only plausible explanation I could come up with in this given moment.

How could Laila not remember who her assailant was? It just didnt make sense. But she wouldn't hurt Royalty.

Would she?

"Neveah".

I looked up to see Jax and instantly threw my arms around him. He rubbed my back soothingly as I sighed into him erasing my mind of my accusations and worrying wonders.

"What happened to her?", he asked sitting us down.

"I don't know, we were talking just fine waiting for her to be discharged and then she suddenly got really pale and started screaming in pain.", I explained.

He ran his hand through his hair, a pained expression on his face.

"Where's Zane?", I asked.

"I called him but he didn't answer his phone. I think its turned off. Did you hear from Laila?", he said, his thumb rubbing circles on the back of my hand.

I leaned into him, "Yeah, but she's across the border visiting family so she doesn't know when she'll make it."

He put his arm around me and rubbed my arm, "It's gonna be okay, Veah I promise."

A comfortable silence enveloped us as we waited for word on Royalty's condition. I prayed she was okay. Why someone would even hurt her was beyond me.

Whoever that man was he needed to be put away. Or killed.

"Veah?", Jax called out to me.

"Yeah?", I asked looking up at him.

"What's up between Laila and you?"

I bit my lip nervously. I didn't want to tell Jax that we were dating. I mean he knew I was gay. I knew I was gay. Yet I didn't know what we were or why I had sex with him for that matter. I didnt know if we were just friends with a mutual interest; that being our kid.... I just had no idea. Afterall, if we were more than just that, how could I tell him that I had a girlfriend?

He looked at me with his brow raised and I pulled away from his embrace sitting up straight.

"We're dating", I shrugged leaning back in my chair.

From the corner of my eye I saw his face fall.

"Oh. Kool", he replied staring forward.

I hummed swallowing the lump in my throat.

Could this doctor take any longer?

As if hearing my thoughts the doctor appeared and I stood to greet him, Jax following suit.

"Ms. Walcott", he greeted and I nodded in response waiting for his diagnosis with bated breath.

"Royalty's condition is stable and she is fine however her baby isn't-"