Truth Prevails 1

**Royalty's P.O.V **

Looking at myself in the mirror I wiped my eyes for the hundredth time.

My face was red and puffy and I looked tired.

I sighed. Now everybody's gonna know I cried.

Washing my face off again, I hear the door close and check the time.

9:07 p.m

I walk into the bedroom and raise me brow at Neveah, who is taking off her shoes.

"Where have you been?", I questioned, hoping she doesnt realize my state.

She chuckles nervously looking up at me. Her smile drops.

"Have you been crying?", she says coming towards me.

I turn and go sit on the bed, "No, it's my allergies, now stop changing the subject".

She squints at me and I fold my arms.

"Well?".

She shakes her head, " I went out with my girlfriend, she replies escaping to the bathroom.

My mouth hangs in shock and I jump up to follow her but she shuts the door before I can slip in.

"You have a girlfriend? Who is she? Neveahhhh!", I shout hitting the door.

How dare she leave me out of the juicy deets.

"Its no one,Roy. Just a girl from around campus.", she replies.

I smile, "SHE GOES HERE??".

I hear Neveah sigh and I giggle as she comes out the bathroom.

She looks at me pointedly and I lay on the bed waiting for her to spill.

"Yeah, we met in the library about 2 months ago and we've been dating for a month", she shrugs grabbing a snack and eating it as she avoids my gaze.

I frown."A Month??. You've been in a relationship for a month and didnt think to tell me? Who even is this girl?", I say pointedly.

Neveah turns to look at me with pleading eyes.

I huff.

"We just want to take things slow keep it Lowkey for a while".

"But I'm your bestfriend, Veah", I pout.

We do everything together, hell half of the time people think we're together.

"I know I know, but she wanted me to not tell anyone for the time being and I have to respect that, all I can ask is that you do too, please", she says coming to me and hugging me with puppy dog eyes.

I roll my eyes at her.
"Fine. You're so lucky I love you you know", I say and she laughs laying her head on my chest.

I run my hand through her hair and sigh contentedly.

"I feel like we havent spent any real quality time together recently", she says.

I hum in agreement. After the fiasco between Laila and I, both Neveah and I buried ourselves in school work and although we shared a room together we still rarely ever hung out.

"I cant believe finals are next week. I've been so caught up with other stuff, I kinda forgot about it.", I rant to her.

She nods, "I know right. I mean I cant believe it. Two more years of college and we're free", she laughed.

I shook my head grinning.

A comfortable silence settled around us and I could feel my nerves calming from earlier.