Come To Light

***Jaxon's P.O.V***

I wasn't surprised. I wish I was but I braced myself for it the whole plane ride back. It was just a matter of sooner or later and it was sooner rather later.

"Don't take it to heart", Royalty says breaking my train of thought.

I glance over at her leaning back in the chair a look of stress and worry playing on her face before focusing on the road again.

 "I should be telling you that", I tell her and she scoffs.

"Why's that?"

"I've been with her for a whole month and I braced myself for it whereas you haven't, not only seen her for a month but you probably had to deal with my shithead of a cousin ignoring you while you're with his child. I'd say you need her more than Laila or I ever could right now", I say tentatively.

"Yeah", she trails getting lost in her thoughts as a comfortable silence settles around us.

I was slightly disappointed in Neveah, but I guess after all she did like Laila a lot, regardless of the tension between Royalty and Laila. I just hoped she wouldn't let their relationship put a strain on her and Royalty's friendship or ours.

Pulling into the parking lot Royalty speaks again.

"Can I tell you something, Jaxon?", she says, her eyes anxiously searching mine.

I furrow my brows in concern and nod as I shut the car off, "Yeah, what's up?"

She inhales deeply, wringing her hands around and I start to get worried. Grabbing her almost red hands to stop her from wringing them I look her in the eyes; searching.

"What's wrong, Royalty?'

"It was Laila", she says shakily, "That night, at the club. It was Laila who attacked me. I didn't remember at first but after a while it came back to me. She threatened me. Told me to stay away from Neveah. She's the reason I'm having complications with my birth. But it didn't stop there. I could swear some nights I'd see her standing by my side and then I'd wake up the next day with bruises around my neck. The doctors said it was just trauma. But I knew it was her. I saw her. And she threatened my baby and I today. I have no idea what to do. And I needed to tell someone. I wanted to tell Zane, but... he's sleeping with her.." she trails off her rant.

I sit there shocked, just staring at her trying to process what she just said.

 No wonder Royalty seemed so on edge lately. And she had to endure all this on her own, keeping something like that bottled in would send even myself mad. Yet she did and not once made Neveah suspicious of anything less because even I wouldn't know how to tell Neveah that. She would flip.

And then for her to have to find out Zane was sleeping with her. Oh when I get my hands on that ass.

Looking back at Royalty, I realized I haven't said anything but I don't think she noticed as her body was shaking and tears fell down her face.

"Royalty, I'm sorry", I say hugging her and her body shakes more as she completely breaks down.

I rub her back and feel my anger rise towards Laila. I should have known it was just an act. 

I should have followed my instincts.

What or why would Laila want to hurt Royalty so much? I mean I understood they had their drama but it was insane, she put her in the hospital and now she was threatening to not only hurt Royalty but her unborn baby as well.

It was madness. Neveah needed to know but I knew we couldn't tell her now, it would break her and then she'd break Laila.

I continued to rub Royalty's back but she wouldn't calm down, if anything her shaking got worst and her breathing became labored. Pulling away so that I could see her face she seemed to be having a panic attack as her eyes were dazed and wide and she gripped my hands tightly.

Getting worried I grabbed Royalty's  phone as it was closest and called Neveah but she didn't answer.

Shit Veah answer the fucking phone.

I called again and this time she answered.

"Yeah?', She answered and I swore I heard her moan.

I didn't even what to think of that right now.

"You need to get to the parking lot now. It's Royalty. I think she's having a panic attack."

"I'll be right there", she says and I hear shuffling on the other end before she puts down.

I try to get Royalty to snap out of it but I have no idea what to do and my worry intensifies as her body shakes horribly and she starts coughing, her eyes fluttering close.

I open the car doors trying to give her air, praying Neveah  hurries but when I see droplets of blood coming out her mouth I lay her back and call an ambulance.

"Jaxon", I hear Neveah shout as she rushes towards us.

Upon seeing Royalty she drops to her knees and rubs her back her eyes watering.

"What happened?"

"I don't know we were talking and she got overwhelmed and had an anxiety attack and this happened", I said warily.

"What the hell were you talking about?", She screamed and I shrugged looking away.

She glared and huffed before turning her attention back to Royalty.

In the distance I heard sirens and internally sighed in relief as I saw them enter the parking lot.

Signalling them to us I told them what happened and that she was pregnant and they said that she'd have to be admitted.

Following behind them in my car I could feel Neveah glaring daggers sat me.

"What?", I snapped slightly annoyed still with knowing what I knew now.

"What? How about you tell me what. What the fuck you could could have been talking about that gave Royalty a fucking panic attack that has her getting admitted to the hospital!", she screamed at me and I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes.

"Maybe if you had answered the phone on  the first call instead of scissoring your bitch, you'd have known", I say angrily.

"Excuse me? I have a life Jaxon and last time i checked you weren't in charge of it. So don't you  fucking dare try and blame this on me okay? At the end of the day you need to put your little ego and manhood aside and realize that Laila and I are dating and I love her. Okay. Fuck.", she screams at me.

I grip the staring wheel and clench my jaw trying to remind myself that I couldn't hit her. 

If she only knew the truth she wouldn't be so fast to pledge her love to that psychopath but I realized that for that exact same reason it would only make telling her the truth that much harder.