XIII-2

Leo entered the room that was now his and closed the door slowly. The feeling of nausea was the strongest it's ever been.

The boy went over to the bed and sat down, he rubbed his head and let out a low grunt. His head really hurt, not to mention the grumbling of his stomach making him feel sicker.

He should try and sleep, maybe that will help. Leo laid back into the sheets of the bed and slowly dragged the covers up onto his small figure. He stared at the ceiling and thought. This really was his life now, the fact he lost his parents began to cloud his mind again. He clinched the covers over himself and closed his eyes, his breathing became hitched and shaky, he was beginning to cry. Throughout the day he tried not to show that it bothered him that much but he really did miss his parents. He would never get to laugh with them, go out to get ice cream around two AM with his mother, much less do anything with them anymore.

He'd never see their faces again. This made Leo very emotional at this point. He opened his eyes again and faced the fan on the ceiling, this house will never be the same, this house will never be like home, he doesn't feel at home, he feels like he doesn't fit in his own family. His parents were the only real family he had. His grandparents are either sick, soon to die, or already dead, so this was his only hope of having a family still.

Either this, or sent off to foster care, he most definitely didn't want that, but they didn't really give him a choice. He was thankful however, he just didn't think it would be this weird.

Leo turned onto his side and faced the window where he saw the night sky and the moon staring back at him. The reflection of the moon shone in his dark green eyes as they teared up. He couldn't process this, he was now possibly living with a narcissistic psychopath, a boy who always picked on him, and a woman who tries too hard.

He just wanted his real family back, but that was impossible. Leo ended up getting sleep, brushing off the events of the day. Clearing his mind was the fastest way to get himself to relax. Small sniffles and shifts still were released from him, even when he was asleep.

Leo had slept for around an hour or two but then it happened. Laying on his back, he opened his eyes and faced the ceiling. He couldn't move a muscle, no matter how hard he tried. This had never happened before so he was completely terrified and confused. Leo let out soft whimpers and grunts as he looked around the ceiling.

Despite being unable to move his head in certain positions he managed to get a glimpse of something in the closet doorway, a figure that looked to be the same size as himself. He slowly forced his head to turn a little more and what he saw made his whimpers louder and his eyes whelmed up with tears.

The figure merged into two and grew a little taller before taking the shape as a man and woman. Their eyes were completely blacked out and the shadowing around them was too exaggerated.

Leo blinked trying to get the visions to go away, knowing the fact that they aren't real, but it still scared him pretty badly.

A dark substance began to stroll down their faces, it looked like blood but he couldn't quite tell because of the dark room. Groaning sounds came from them as they seemed to limp forward, this was when he saw those familiar faces. They were his parents, but their faces, they were distorted and zombified. He began to slightly scream, he couldn't move so it made it worse. Then he heard two scratchy voices echo within his mind.

"꒒ꍟ꓄'ꌗ ꁅꂦ ꃅꂦꎭꍟ ꌗꅏꍟꍟ꓄ꌩ"

He finally let out another muffled scream and pulled himself around. He sat up catching his breath, panting. He gripped his chest and pulled the covers over his face. He let out gentle sobs and scared whimpers. His stomach hurt badly as he went down and hugged it, leaning forward he rocked back and forth, grunting and whining in pain.

He looked over towards the dark closet to see nothing but just the normal empty doorway. He huffed out small, terrified breaths, they were shaky and hitched.

He slid his legs out from the warmth of the covers and stood up. He hurried out of his room and wandered into random doors, trying to find the bathroom. Leo ended up finding Ronnie's room, where he accidently stumbled into the open doorway. He was hugging his stomach before asking in a shaky tone, the other boy who sat with headphones on his bed and laptop.

"Wh-where's the bathroom--" Leo stuttered out and looked at him with slight panic and disgust.

Ronnie looked over at him before taking his headphones off, "you should know, don't ask me," he replied with a cocky tone and attitude.

Ronnie was about to ignore him and go back to watching videos on his laptop until he heard Leo gag a little then he vomited all over the carpet in Ronnie's room.

"Dude!" Ronnie shut his laptop and threw the headphones off his neck and ran over, shoving Leo back and out of his room where he hit his back on the wall across the hallway next to the bathroom door.

Susie rushed out, her night gown swishing as she ran out frantically. Her short hair was all ratted up, clear she had just woken up from all of this.

"What's going on?!" she exclaimed in panic as she saw the small boy against the wall, refusing to get up, and then her son covering his mouth in disgust, standing in his doorway.

"What are y'all doing up this late go to be---" her eyes traveled down to the vomit on the floor, her face grew pale a little. "Who did that?" she asked, looking at Ronnie first since he was the one standing behind it.

He pointed across the hall to the shaking boy against the wall. Susie frowned and went over, grabbing his arm. She helped him up and led him to the bathroom to help clean up.

She grabbed a few rags from the cabinet under the sink and left Leo to lean over the toilet in case anything else decided to come up. Susie went to Ronnie's room and began to clean up the vomit on the floor, soaking it in the wet towel and pulling it up in the cloth. She carried it to the trash in the bathroom and threw the whole towel in and closed up the bag.

Leo watched as he hugged the toilet a little, feeling a little more vomit trying to peak at his throat. Ronnie watched this as he sneered at the wet area in his carpet. Susie brought another towel in and laid it over the area.