XLIII-5

Leo made it to his room and closed the door. He didn't even tell Susie why he came home early...he tried to give her a hint, but she didn't believe him..

He buried his head into his hands in defeat. He's never felt so alone.
Sweat made its way down his face as he figured that he should probably take a shower.

The boy sniffled and looked over to his closet. His mind was all over the place. He just didn't know what to do with himself. A shower would possibly calm him down a little. He was probably just over thinking a little, yeah.
Leo stood up and shuffled over to the closet slowly to get a pair of clean clothes. After that, he left the room and entered the bathroom. He flicked on the light and sat the clothes onto the counter.

He looked up to now see the same shattered mirror from a few days ago. His breath hitched a little, remembering the incident he had. They still yet to fix it, maybe it's because they couldn't afford to fix it just yet.

Leo tried his best to ignore it and began to start up the shower.

After about thirty minutes or so, Leo had gotten out of the shower, almost slipping. He dried off with a towel and got dressed into the clothes he had, being a pair of dark grey jogger pants and a white shirt.

Leo dragged himself to the sink to now brush his teeth
While reaching for his toothbrush something fell out. Leo flinched to this; it scared him just a little. He stopped what he was doing and looked at what fell out. It was a small bag of syringes with what looked to be some type of substance inside. Leo immediately recognized this as the same stuff he had seen his uncle put into his arm.

If it was truly just some type of medication, then why was it in the bathroom cabinet, like William was trying to hide it. Leo was maybe oblivious to most things, but he surely wasn't stupid. He knew this was a type of drug, a bad one.

Leo finally decided that he would tell Susie tomorrow, and possibly get this man arrested for the second time. He put the small bag back into the lower cabinet, not where he had found it. He debated on taking it and hiding it so William wouldn't use it anymore, but he was sure the man probably had more stashes around the house.

Leo didn't want to get involved really, but this could explain his uncle's past actions, he was drugged up, and it was affecting his behavior. This all fell into place. He shook his head, feeling kind of good about himself for figuring it out. The issue would be solved tomorrow when he tells his aunt about this.

Leo turned the bathroom light off and left. Just then, he heard the front door shut from downstairs. Ronnie was home. He didn't feel like dealing with his shit so he quickly left and went back to his room.