XXXVII-5

Ethan only gave a nod and flipped a few pages in his journal, stopping and began to write. The pen lined smoothly onto the paper of the journal. "That doesn't make you different, it just simply means that you weren't ready for your own goals just yet, say.....why exactly are you so far behind? Did something happen and you had to leave school for......four years?" He seemed slightly shocked.

Leo shook his head, he knew he'd have to tell him the whole story. He really didn't want to bring this up, or want to get emotional in front of someone he didn't even know that well. "Uhm, no I was homeschooled my whole life up to sixth grade." He explained then looked down and fiddled with his own hands. "My.....parents they-...they homeschooled me and practically kept me away from the world because they were scared that I'd get pushed around or hated on because I wasn't really born normal." He spoke out, keeping his voice down and quiet. He just had that feeling that someone was there....and someone was listening.

Ethan raised his eyebrows a little to Leo's words but only gave a small nod in agreement. "Parents just want what's best for their children, they don't mean to harm them. Sometimes they can be blind to what they push onto their child however, but they never mean any negative gestures."

Leo felt sick all of a sudden, very sick. The room was getting a little blurry, and began to spin. He didn't know what was happening, but he felt so nauseous. "Mh...mhf yeah I understand but-" he cut himself off with a breath, taking a deep one in, and let it out. "Sorry I don't-" he shivered slightly, clutching the chair. "I don't feel so good..."

"It's okay, Leo. Deep breaths, it'll be okay. Because in the end.....it's all your fault," Ethan's voice became distorted and echoey. It went from calm and smooth, to a demonic growl.

Leo looked up again, his eyes widened to what he saw. The man's face was melting off, his skull was showing through and his eyes were nowhere to be seen. With shuttered breaths Leo scurried out of the chair and to the door where he then covered his face. "N-no it's not my fault- it's not!" He shouted. His figure was shaking badly, terrified. He knew it was all fake. He knew this wasn't real.

Why did it always scare him so horribly.

"Leo?"

He looked up to the voice that now sounded normal again. Dr. Ethan now stood beside his desk, staring at him with a concerned look.
Leo darted his eyes around the room, taking in reality again. His breathing was fast, like he was panting. He stopped to clear his throat every now and then.

"Leo, what are you talking about? I never said anything was your fault-" The man calmly approached him, taking slow steps as he inched towards him.

The boy only grabbed the doorknob and twisted it. "....Can I leave?....please," Leo stammered out. He knew he had really made this man concerned but he just wanted to go back to the house, curl up under the covers and never see the light of day again.

Ethan had a devastated look on his face but only let out a deep sigh. "I'll see you next Saturday, Leo." He spoke, now opening the door and walking out, gesturing for Leo to head down the hall and towards the two doors. "Be careful and don't let your mind get to you, you're better than that," The man told Leo, who was now opening the other door to the lobby, and shut it behind him.

'you're better than that..' What kind of therapist says something like that? He knew something was up with that man.

Leo and Susie soon left a minute later after checking out. They got into the car. Leo's state of mind at the moment worried Susie. Leo was still on edge, he couldn't get the image of the melting face out of his mind. He turned to her, his eyes slightly wide. "I don't like him."

Susie gave him a nervous smile. "Honey, you just have to spend a few more days with him, then I'm sure you'll warm up to him," she assured him.

Leo crossed his arms. "No, Aunt Susie, he is creepy, I don't want to come back here," his tone got a little more harsh. It was clear he did not like this man but Susie wasn't having it.

"Leo, you need the help, your teachers are worried, your friends are worried, I'm worried. He will help this sudden behavior. Be lucky that I'm doing this for you," she spoke out, letting Leo know what's on her mind.

Leo stayed quiet for a few seconds then muttered, "you're right, you're not my real mom so you wouldn't if you didn't want to..." He rolled his eyes.

"Leo stop it! I'm your aunt, I care and I love you, of course I would either way. Never say something like that again, do you understand me?!" she shouted.

Leo flinched to the yelling as he gripped onto the seat belt a little hesitantly. He then gave a nod, no longer wanting to push this argument further.

Susie huffed and began to pull out of the driveway and onto the road, mumbling under her breath. "You really stress me out, boy."

••••••