VII-1

The two stood up, the woman opening her arms for a hug and her husband next to her gave him half a smile, hands in his pockets. That was his aunt and uncle, not his mom and dad. Leo's shoulders dropped slightly from this devastation. He slowly looked back at Nurse Ray, with a visible crushed look in his dark green eyes.

"where's my mom and dad--" he stammered out, his voice cracking softly, he was already about to cry and he hadn't even found out yet, this really broke Ray.

"I--" she started as she only walked up and hugged him tightly. Leo softly wrapped his hands around the nurse's arms around him. "I can't tell you this honey, they'll have to," Ray gestured to his aunt and uncle. The woman, having a face of sorrow and mourn.

"your parents, they--" his aunt started and paused for a second. "they didn't make it dear..."

The words pierced through Leo's ears, was he really hearing this, or was this just him hearing things, his parents, his mom, and dad, who raised him, fed him, loved him, were no longer in his life? His small figure began to shake. Letting go of the nurse and his aunt's hand she had grabbed while telling him the before news.

Leo distanced himself, sniffling a bit, "stop lying to me," he demanded, "stop lying to me!" he snapped, raising his voice. Nurse Ray flinched to the boy's yelling as she reached out and took hold of his hands.

"calm down! I know it's hard to believe but--" She was cut off by Susie, Leo's aunt, as she had stepped between their conversation and kneeled down in front of Leo, she took both of his hands and looked him in his eyes.

"listen, sweety, I know its hard for you, it's hard for me too, your mom was my sister and it broke me to find out the same news, it will be okay, we will take care of you, we will spend just as much time with you and love you," She squeezed his hands because she saw the tears whelping up in his eyes, "I love you Leo, and your uncle too, you'll feel at home with us eventually, and yes the feeling will come back, and you'll feel sad about it again, you're not alone."

Leo shuttered quietly and wrapped his arms around his aunt's figure, hugging her tightly.