LI-7

Chapter 7

Leo had just got done making his bed. He felt accompanied but didn't at the same time. He knew it was probably one of the poltergeists watching him again. He still yet to find out how he really knows them, and if there's actually two, and not it being just one taking two forms.

Leo shook his head and looked down at the plain teal bedspread under his hands. He refused to think about it, the situation only made him even more stressed.

He also wondered if Ronnie had found the drugs yet. He was messing around in the cabinet, surely he was to see them by now, unless he already knew..or maybe William moved the stashes.

Leo shook his head again, trying his hardest to not let the ideas get to him.

He went to get dressed for the day, changing into a long sleeve maroon shirt, pants and the same green jacket he's worn all week.

The thought of Ronnie had almost completely slipped his mind until he once again reminded himself, letting his mind run free again. He hated the way his mind worked, it controlled him to an extent that was just enough to get him stressed.

Leo pulled at his hair, slightly dazing up at the ceiling as he sat on his bed. He noticed the hallway light flicker on. He now knew that everyone was up now.

Leo didn't wait for Susie to come in like every morning to wake him up. He just left the room by himself. Ronnie must have gone back to sleep, he didn't see him downstairs or still in the bathroom. His bedroom door was closed as well.

William was actually sitting on the couch. His legs were propped up on the coffee table. Leo felt unsafe, he knew William probably had something to say. The bandages around his neck weren't that hidden either.

"You're up early," The deep voice grumbled out. It wasn't a mad voice, or a loud one. William seemed calm this morning.

Leo gave him the side eye, not wanting to make direct eye contact. He wasn't sure if William was actually remaining calm, or planning something. He couldn't quite read his uncle that well..

Leo only gave a single nod, not trying to ignore him. He then took a seat at the table. His bag sat by his feet.

The room was silent, neither one of them said a thing. Leo secretly watched William. The man would check his phone a few times. No doubt that this man probably was cheating on Susie. Her poor heart probably wouldn't be able to handle that as she was so attached to him. Leo didn't know why, or if she faked it to not get hurt.

Ever since William came back, the family didn't have much financial problems anymore, that was sure. It was all because of William's drug selling business.

It was easy to figure these things out.
He might have been homeschooled his whole childhood, but he surely wasn't that stupid to figure that out. This had unlocked a deep memory.

Leo would have flashbacks of his birth parents giving him injections of who knows what. He was too young to understand, and he honestly thought it was to help him. Who knows what was in those syringes.

This made Leo really question what all his parents did wrong to him.

Ronnie came down shortly after, breaking Leo's trance and glued his gaze upon the blond haired boy.
William still kept his words to himself.