II-1

Leo woke up that morning, somewhere around ten. He sat up, his messy hair covered his eyes. He moved his hair from his face and was nearly blinded by the bright light pouring in from the window. He winced as he looked down to see an IV in his arm. They must have replaced it while he was asleep. He noticed the tray of food was also gone. It made him very uncomfortable knowing unfamiliar people had been in his room while he slept.

He then remembered something and quickly looked over to the dry erase board by the door. It read that he should be released from the hospital in a few days. This made him excited, knowing that it meant he'd get to see his parents again and they'd probably visit him soon.

He found a small remote by his bedside and pushed the button on it, reading that it was supposed to call a doctor to him.

A short time passed before a doctor entered his room.

"Is everything alright, young man?" The older man dressed in a white coat asked as he approached him.

"Umm, I was just wondering if," he paused to clear his throat, "if I could maybe get out of the room and walk around a little?"

He folded his hands together and looked up at the doctor, a look of hope in his eyes.

The man in the coat looked at the boy with hesitation, but he gave in to the suggestion. He knew something that Leo didn't. Sooner or later the boy would find out the horrible news, but nobody had the heart to tell him just yet.