VI-1

After a few more minutes Leo walked out, his hand laid softly on the handle of the door, it did feel nice to finally be back in normal clothes, even though they weren't even his.

"Hey Leo," Ray rubbed his back as he gave a small smile.

'so touchy' he thought, watching the doctor look in their direction.

"your guardians are waiting in the front office when you're ready, Ray--," the doctor called to her. Nurse Ray looked from the boy and towards the man. "lead him down there," he ordered as then he left, turning down the hall, the sound of his shoes growing faint as he walked further away from the room.

Ray had a lump in her throat as she looked at Leo, a fake smile on her lips. She was panicking on the inside because she knew how he'd react to the news he was going to get told when he reached the office. Leo was already pulling from her grasp and trying to leave the room, he was excited to see his parents again, and to make them proud, he was such a tough kid and had survived such a tragic incident. After the short walk, the two reached the front office where a couple sat in a chair. Leo, not even stopping to take a good look, smiled widely and distanced himself from the nurse, stopping mid-way when he found out that he didn't recognize those faces, at least not as he should.