VIII-1

"Alright, let's get going, dinner needs to get started and Ronnie is home alone," William, Leo's uncle spoke out with no emotion like always. Leo had never really liked his uncle, he was always frightened of him when he was younger, he was just too rough with Ronnie when they came over. He couldn't even bear to think of what he does with the boy when they were at home. Leo had fear he stocked up, but then it all didn't bother him as much since William wasn't even his blood father. But now, he was going to live with them, and Ronnie wasn't exactly gentle to him either. He's made fun of Leo for seeing things that weren't even real and everything that Ronnie had done and wasn't allowed, Leo was blamed and he got punished for it. He was told that Ronnie was just jealous but what could he possibly be so desirous about? Leo was only two years younger than him, being different due to his schizophrenia, so again, what could Ronnie possibly be so resentful about?

"Right," Susie muttered and stood back up, keeping her hand latched onto Leo's. Nurse Ray gave a smile, she felt horrible, not wanting to let Leo go just yet, out of all the kid patients she had, Leo hit her heart in a different way. Susie led Leo towards her husband and looked back to the Nurse.

"Thank you for keeping him in good condition," she thanked Ray as the woman smiled and nodded.

"always, it's kind of my job." Ray faced the other woman.

Susie smiled with a small chuckle, "yeah of course," she said before turning to see that her husband was already walking out to the car.

"He's a little moody huh" Ray crossed her arms over her chest.

Susie sighed softly, "he's always like this," she looked down and held Leo's hand, walking out of the hospital, leading him to the car. Upon getting there, she opened the backseat car door for him and he climbed in. Leo was still shoeless due to the hospital not giving him his shoes back.