XLVIII-6

Leo's gaze shifted back to the window where he saw the trees blowing soundly. He could hear the wind, and then the screaming, the crying. A newborn wanting its mother, sitting alone in the pitch black forest.

'You think any of your kind will accept you?'

Her voice got deeper, and deeper, until eventually it faded into the wind.

He could now see and hear the screams of the infant getting yanked into the darkness by what seemed to be a long, black and slimy snake, or was it a snake.

A creature, but what creature? It felt like a familiar presence, yet it was something he's never seen before.

"N-no you shut up.." Leo gripped the edge of the window with one hand and laid the other onto the glass. The wind getting louder and louder until eventually everything just went quiet.

He thought she finally left him alone...and she did.

Leo pushed himself away from the window. He had questions. Despite her way of insulting him, she mentioned something.

Was Julia mistreated when she was alive?...

Leo's brian was hurting and he just wanted to erase everything, his parents' death, his uncle, Julia and even that other girl he still yet to know her identity.

He even beat himself up for lying to Susie when he did actually want her help, but to be honest….How could she help? He didn't even want the medication anymore as he now knows that it won't help this. His situation is untreatable..

Night came not long after that and Leo was sitting in the living room.
Everyone else was asleep, at least Susie and William were. He could hear Ronnie's obnoxious laughing from upstairs, must be playing those stupid video games.

Leo constantly thought about Julia and what could have actually happened to her before her death. Did she really die that day? Was she really there? Why did she actually haunt him? And why….specifically him?

The channels of the tv switched as he pressed the buttons on the remote. His gaze had fixed onto the screen like he was hypnotized again. He had stopped pressing the buttons as now the channels switched by themselves. Leo had yet to notice this, keeping his glare fixated upon the flashing screen until eventually it stopped on an old timely horror movie. It had just made it to a scene where a woman was getting brutally slaughtered. Blood splattered onto her face as it cut to the slasher stabbing her stomach multiple times.

Leo had still yet to come from his trance, the face of the woman now seeming to melt, her eyes rolled out of her sockets  and her skin tore to expose her skull.

This wasn't actually happening, but it looked like it to Leo. Finally the tv shut off. Leo had been hitting the power button and didn't even know it.
The living room fell into pitch black darkness as Leo now just sat there, wide eyed.

He honestly felt numb to the feeling of being traumatized from that. It's almost like he's grown immune to the shit he sees.

Before he knew it, Leo was being shaken awake by a cold hand on his shoulder. His eyes fluttered open quickly, flinching to being touched.

"Get up, you're going to school today, you should be fine." the soft voice of Susie whispered to him.
Leo squinted to the light as he sat up sheepishly. He was exhausted and just didn't feel like going. He knew William had told him he had to stay, but it seemed as if Susie didn't believe the lie she was told.

Leo left the living room after dragging himself off the couch he had fallen asleep on. He entered his room and flicked on the light. Leo now began to get ready. He didn't do much, just threw on his jacket and pants he wore pretty much everyday. He wouldn't consider himself having much clothing, at least clothing that he'd actually wear, it would most likely be his jacket if anything, especially when it was cold.

After a small bit he had come back down, holding his bag over his shoulder. The bandages around his neck were still there to cover the hand imprinted bruises his uncle left. No one knows that happened,

"I woke up a bit late so you missed the bus. I'll drive you." Susie explained. William must still be asleep or he would be trying to rebel against Susie's decision.

"how late will I be?" Leo asked. He didn't want the 'look of shame' given to him when he walks into class late—

That moment where everyone turns to look at you and watch as you walk in and hand the teacher your tardy slip.
God he hated that.

"Probably about thirty minutes, I suggest grabbing a granola bar from the pantry before we leave if you want any breakfast," Susie informed as she grabbed the car keys from the hook that was attached to the wall by the garage door.

Leo looked at the pantry and opened it, grabbing one. His stomach was probably eating itself by now, he probably should eat something.

Leo hurried out, shoving the bar into his pocket and left the house.

Once Leo was in the car, Susie started it and pulled out of the driveway, now turning to head down the road.
William was awake, as he had watched them leave from the bedroom window. He gritted his teeth in slight anger. He didn't want Leo at that school just yet.

The ride was short, them soon turning into the car lot of the school. Leo turned to Susie before getting out. Her eyes were dull, and seemed to be glued upon what was in front of them, which was nothing.

"Have a good day." She spoke, her voice raspy and sheepish.
Leo knew something was up, but he ignored it. He didn't need any extra stress.

Leo got out of the car and shut the door. Soon after, Susie drove off, and the car faded out of Leo's sight. He could already feel the embarrassment of entering that school. He's done nothing wrong to anyone there, yet they act like he's not human.