☀︎︎ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 ☀︎︎

•the next day•

Jack woke up with a smile on his face, he smelt the familiar smell of his boyfriend next to him. He opened his eyes and scrunched his eyebrows together when he didn't see Zach beside him. He looked around the room until he remembered, Zach's in the hospital.

Jack rushed to get out of the room, he began running down the stairs, tripping down the last few steps.

"Woah there buddy," Corbyn said as he walked over to Jack, who was sitting on the hardwood floor at the bottom of the stairs. Jack looked up at Corbyn before breaking down into tears. Corbyn frowned then sat beside him, pulling him into his lap. "Shh Jack, you're alright." Corbyn played with his hair and rubbed his back, trying to sooth his cries. "What's wrong?"

"I woke up in me and Zach's room, he's supposed to be there with me Corbs, but he's not," Jack sobbed. Corbyn frowned then squeezed the boy tightly. He rocked the crying boy back and forth until he was completely calmed down.

"How about we get you to the living room and put on The 100, then I can make you some breakfast. How does that sound?" Corbyn asked softly. Jack nodded and smiled slightly.

"I would like that," Jack mumbled. Corbyn nodded with a smile before helping Jack stand up, quickly following suit. He lead the younger boy to the living room and turned on the tv then handed him the remote, allowing him to put on his favourite show.

When Jack was situated, Corbyn walked back to the kitchen and began making French toast and scrambled eggs, Jack's two favourites.

Daniel walked downstairs and immediately went over to his boyfriend and hugged him.

"Hi baby," Corbyn welcomed. Daniel smiled and pecked Corbyn's cheek.

"Good morning," Daniel mumbled into Corbyn's shoulder. "How's Jack?"

"Not too good, he freaked out because he woke up in his and Zach's room without Zach there, but now he's just watching tv and I'm making him breakfast," Corbyn answered, pushing back some of Daniel's hair. They pulled away from the embrace and Daniel nodded.

"Do you need any help?"

"Sure."

••

Jack laid on the couch, wrapped up like a burrito in two blankets. He had one blanket that Zach always loved. Even though he couldn't physically be with Zach, the smell of him was still comforting.

Jonah walked downstairs and said hi to dorbyn before sitting beside Jack.

"How are you doing Jack?" Jonah asked gently.

"I'm alright Jo," Jack answered with a small smile. "Being at home has helped a lot."

"I'm sure it has. If you ever want to talk to me just let me know, I can be like your personal listening therapist," Jonah told Jack. Jack nodded and let out a small laugh.

"Thanks Jonah."

"No problem."

"Breakfast is ready!" Corbyn exclaimed. Jack perked up and quickly turned off the tv then ran to the kitchen. He sat down at the table and thanked Corbyn when a plate with two pieces of French toast and some scrambled eggs was placed in front of him. He grabbed his fork and dug in.

"You hungry?" Daniel teased as he sat beside the boy.

"I've been eating disgusting hospital food for the past 3 days, so yes, I'm starving," Jack answered, which made the other guys laugh. Now Jonah and Corbyn we're both seated at the table.

Jack quickly finished his first plate then got seconds. He also finished those quickly and he was done before the rest of the guys. He put his plate in the sink then went back to the couch to watch tv.

•a month later•

Almost everyday Jack has looked at the photos in his old room. His old room because now he slept in Jonah's room with him to avoid breakdowns.

His morning routine consists of waking up, going to his old room, putting on one of Zach's hoodies, looking at photos, then crying until he's starving and ready for breakfast.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned to a month. As the days passed, Jack felt more and more lonely without Zach, he pretended that it didn't affect him, but it affected him more than anything. He went from eating three meals and snacks everyday, to maybe two meals if he's feeling good that day. He barely left Jonah's bed or the couch.

As Jack was laying on the couch, he got a text from Myta, that's the first he's heard from her or Josh since the hospital.

Myta
Hey Jack, I know this is kind of unexpected. Zach has fallen into a really bad episode since he's gotten out of the hospital, he's confused about everything and hates himself for not having any memory. Josh and I have tried everything, therapy, showing him photos and memories, playing his favourite music, talking about it with him, everything you can think of, we've tried. You're our only hope, please come over to see him. Don't rush him into anything or pressure him, but if you go slowly I think he might open up again.

Jack
Thank you for letting me know, I'll be over in 20 minutes

Jack quickly got up from the couch and ran upstairs, he grabbed a new change of clothes then ran to the shower.

After his shower he got changed then blow dried and styled his hair. He ran back downstairs and quickly got shoes on.

"What's with the rush?" Daniel asked.

"No time to explain, I don't know when I'll be home, but I won't be home too late. Bye!" Jack rushed out. He ran out to his car and drove slightly over the speed limit too get to Zach's house, which was supposed to be 15 minutes away, but he made it in 10.

He nervously walked up to the door, losing all of his previous confidence.

He slowly raised his hand to knock. He smiled small, he finally has a chance.

Another chance....