☀︎︎ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 ☀︎︎

•the next morning•

Zach woke up to the feeling of Jack rubbing up and down his stomach with one hand, while the other hand played with his fingers. Jack was spooning Zach from behind and had his head placed in his neck. Jack was gently calling his name as he woke up.

"Good morning my love," Jack welcomed quietly.

"Morning," Zach replied, sleep filling his voice.

"You still tired, bug?" Jack whispered.

"A little, but I'll be fine," Zach answered. He looked out the window and saw that the sky was still pitch black outside. "What time is it?"

"5:30," Jack answered.

"Why the fuck would you wake me up at 5:30?" Zach groaned.

"Okay Mr grumpy pants, I guess we won't watch the sunrise," Jack said, letting go of Zach and turning around to cuddle into the blanket instead. He couldn't hide how hurt he was by Zach's harsh tone, and Zach could tell that Jack was excited.

"Bubba, I'll go watch the sunrise with you. I'm sorry," Zach said, softly rubbing Jack's shoulder. Jack turned around and smiled sadly.

"It's okay, you don't have to. Just go back to sleep." Jack had a few tears in his eyes, but he tried to ignore the feeling.

"Jacky, I want to. Now let's get up and go before it rises," Zach said with a smile. He got out of bed and went to the closet. He picked out an outfit for each of them, consisting of jogging pants and one of Jack's hoodies. Jack got out of bed and hugged Zach from behind.

"Are you sure you want to? You're not just doing this for me?" Jack questioned.

"Jacky, I want to watch the sunrise with you. So stop doubting it and get dressed," Zach said with a small laugh. Jack just nodded then changed as Zach instructed. The pair then headed out to Jack's car and got in.

Jack drove them to their secret spot, which was a large hill near a small park. It was rarely busy and had the most beautiful view of the sky at any time of the day.

Throughout the entire car ride, Zach just stared at Jack and admired him. He was so beyond proud of the boy. Only a couple of months ago he was scared to be in a vehicle, now he was driving without a problem.

When they made it to the park, Jack grabbed the two blankets he brought from the trunk and lead Zach to the top of the hill.

Jack laid out one blanket for them to sit on. He sat down with his back against a tree, and Zach sat between his legs with his back resting against Jack's chest. Jack put the other blanket on top of them so his baby would be warm. He leaned forward slightly and placed a few soft kisses on Zach's neck, pulling him closer while doing so.

"Thank you for coming with me," Jack mumbled quietly.

"Of course Jacky, I love you," Zach replied.

"I love you too."

The pair sat in silence as the sun peaked over the horizon, giving the sky a soft glow. Jack admired the boy in front of him, his face reflected the light of the sun and his eyes were staring at the coloured sky in admiration. Zach felt eyes on him, he looked over and smiled when his eyes met Jack's.

"What are you staring at?" Zach questioned, although the answer was obvious.

"The most beautiful boy in the world," Jack answered. Zach blushed and tried to hide his cheeks with his hoodie, but Jack pulled it away from his face. Jack kissed his cheek with a smile before Zach looked back at the sun rising. Jack decided he would also watch the sun.