☀︎︎ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 ☀︎︎

•morning•

Zach and Jack woke up at about the same time, they instantly headed downstairs to have breakfast.

As they ate their bagels at the table, Jonah came over to them and took a seat.

"Hey Jo," Zach welcomed.

"Hey, could I talk to you guys for a minute?" Jonah questioned.

"Of course! What's up?" Jack asked.

"I uh, I just wanted to let you guys know that I broke up with Tate," Jonah said.

"Oh Jonah, you didn't need to do that," Zach replied sympathetically.

"What she said to you was unacceptable, and even just from that I probably wouldn't have done it, but when I tried talking to her after she continued saying things about you that shouldn't have been said. I couldn't continue knowing that she thought that."

"I'm so sorry," Zach said softly.

"It's okay Zach, I'm okay and I think everything will be better this way," Jonah said sadly. Zach and Jack nodded. "Anyway, that's all I wanted to say, I already told Daniel and Corbyn this morning."

"Okay, you're welcome to sit with us if you'd like," Jack offered.

"It's okay, I'm going to Eben's for the day, we're going to just hang out and play video games."

"Ok, see you later bro!"

Jonah waved goodbye before grabbing his keys and leaving the house.

Jack and Zach quickly finished before running to the couch to watch Christmas movies.

Jack laid on the couch, and Zach laid down on top of him, resting his head on his chest. Jack grabbed the remote and put on a new Christmas movie that they had never seen before.

The first scene was a couple in a car, and soon after they got into a car crash. Typical.

As the movie went on, it showed the guy waking up and being almost fine, just a broken hip and bruises, but the girl woke up with amnesia.

Jack began having flashbacks of the crash, even though it was 4 months ago, he was scarred. Tears filled his eyes but he didn't want to cry in front of Zach.

"Zach? Can you get off me please?" Jack asked, his voice soft to keep himself from crying.

"Oh yeah, sure." Zach sat up on the couch, and before he could ask why, Jack was running up to his bedroom. Zach quickly realized why he was upset then got up and ran after Jack. Before he could reach him, Jack was already locked in his room. Zach gently knocked on the door. "Jack? Are you okay?"

Zach frowned when all he got as a reply was loud sobs. "Jack, let me in please."

Zach sighed when there was no reply. "Jacky? Please let me in bub, I want to help you but I can't unless I know what's going on," Zach said. Silence once again. "Jack, please, I just want to talk to you."

Eventually, Zach heard a small click in the door, and it opened to reveal a tired, upset Jack. His eyes were bloodshot and teary, and he had his "sad" hoodie on, it was his hoodie that his mom gave him before he moved to LA, so he finds it comforting. "Oh, Jacky."

Jack hugged Zach tightly, placing his arms around the younger boy's waist. Zach wrapped his arms around Jack's shoulders and pulled him closer. "Was it the movie that upset you?" Zach questioned.

"Yeah," Jack mumbled. "I had flashbacks."

"Oh Jack, it's okay now. We're both okay, we're both alive and healthy, okay? Everything's okay," Zach reassured. Jack nodded into Zach's shoulder.

They swayed in the hug for another few minutes before finally pulling away. Jack pulled Zach closer by his waist. Their faces were just inches apart, their breaths were soft, they could clearly be heard.

"Can I kiss you?" Jack asked softly. Zach nodded with a wide smile.

"Yes."

That's all Jack needed to hear before he quickly connected his and Zach's lips.

It was like fireworks exploded in both of their stomachs. Their lips moulded together like they were made for each other, it was just like their first kiss all over again.

They slowly pulled away, huge smiles on their faces. Jack had tears in his eyes, he was so happy.

"Jack? What's wrong?" Zach asked, wiping away the tears on the older boy's cheeks.

"I'm happy, I'm so so happy," Jack answered. Zach pulled him into another hug.

At that exact moment, both boys knew that they would be okay.