☀︎︎ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 ☀︎︎

•2 hours later (9 hours since the crash)•

Jack woke up, still cuddled into Jonah's chest. His family was back in the room, and everyone was just sitting in silence. Jack stretched his body a little bit and looked up at Jonah.

"Any news on Zach?" Jack asked, hope filling his voice.

"Not yet, sorry," Jonah replied sadly. Jack's face turned into a disappointed look and he laid his head back down.

As if on cue, Jack's doctor walked into the room with a frown on his face. Jack quickly sat up and looked at him with a questioning look.

"As you can probably tell, I don't have very good news," the doctor said as he looked around the room.

"What? Will Jack be okay? What's wrong with him?" Kristin asked, rushing her sentences.

"Jack will be fine, he'll have a discharge in a few days and will be able to go home. The news is about Zachary."

Jack felt tears immediately pool in his eyes. He looked down and played with his fingers. 

"What's wrong with him?" Jack asked, his voice weak and scratchy.

"Zach has just woken up, he can't remember much. We have diagnosed him with amnesia, which means his memory of pretty much everything is completely gone, even his memory of people," doctor Robinson explained. Jack nodded but kept his head down. A few tears fell onto his cheeks.

"So he won't remember me?" Jack whimpered. Jonah frowned and rubbed Jack's back to comfort him.

"He might not. Usually in amnesia cases, the patient remembers people who are important to them like their parents, siblings, and sometimes significant others. He might be able to remember you, but don't get your hopes up."

Jack nodded.

"When can I see him?"

"Well, first we're going to introduce his parents to him, and if he remembers them then we'll bring you in to see him. If he doesn't remember his parents we will introduce them to him everyday until his memory of them comes back, then we can introduce you."

"O-Ok," Jack said quietly. He cuddled back into Jonah, he wanted comfort and hugs more than anything right now. Jonah held him close and rubbed his back.

"It'll be okay. At least he's alive," Jonah said softly. Jack nodded then tucked his head into Jonah's neck. A few tears fell onto Jonah's skin, but he didn't mind, he just wanted Jack to feel safe. "Thank you Dr. Robinson, please keep us updated," Jonah said. Doctor Robinson nodded before leaving the room, giving the group some privacy. Corbyn and Daniel hugged each other tightly in their chairs, they both hated bad news, any sort of bad news made them both extremely upset. Jack's family just stayed in their seats and gave Jack sympathetic looks.

Jack eventually calmed down in Jonah's arms and just let out small whimpers.

••

After a few long hours of waiting, the doctor walked back into Jack's hospital room.

"Zach remembers his parents, would you like to go see him?" Doctor Robinson asked. Jack looked at him and nodded, biting his lip from nervousness. "Ok, I'll get you a wheelchair."

The doctor walked out of the room, but quickly came back with a wheelchair.

Jack slowly sat up and scooted to the edge of his bed. He held onto Corbyn's arms for support as he slowly stood up then sat in the chair.

"Good luck Jack," Corbyn said softly, patting Jack's back. The younger of the two smiled at the blonde in appreciation. Jack bounced his leg impatiently as Doctor Robinson started pushing him out of the room. He got pushed down the hall and to a room with the number 143 largely implanted on the door. "Zach's just in here, remember to be gentle and quiet. And be understanding if he doesn't remember something. Let me know when you're ready."

Jack took a few deep breaths and closed his eyes then opened them again.

"I'm ready," Jack said softly. Doctor Robinson nodded and opened the door, slowly pushing it open. Both of Zach's parents were sitting on chairs against the wall, they wanted to stay in the room in case Zach freaked out, but they also wanted to give the boys some privacy.

Jack smiled at Zach as he was placed beside the bed, facing the younger boy. Zach looked at Jack with his eyebrows scrunched together.

"Who are you?" Zach asked, confusion filling his voice. Jack felt his heart break at that moment. The love of his life doesn't remember him, not even his name.

"You don't remember me?" Jack's voice was weak.

"No, I'm sorry." Zach looked down and played with his fingers. He felt bad that he didn't know who the blonde boy was, he recognized him, and his name was on the tip of his tongue, but he just couldn't think of it.

"O-Ok."

"I'm so sorry. I recognize you, and your name is on the tip of my tongue, but I don't know who you were to me," Zach explained. Jack nodded then looked at Doctor Robinson with tears flowing out of his eyes.

"Can I leave? Please?" Jack whispered. Doctor Robinson nodded and wheeled Jack out of the room and back to his room.

"Mom? Dad? Who was he?" Zach asked his parents. Both adults had tears in their eyes.

"Your boyfriend," Myta answered. Zach sat there in shock. He didn't know he had a boyfriend, he didn't even know he was gay.

"I-I'm gay?"

"Yes honey, you came out to us when you were 12, 7 years ago. You guys have been together for 4 years," Myta explained.

"I bet I didn't make him feel that great not remembering him," Zach said sadly. "What's his name?"

"Jack," Josh said. Zach nodded then let out a sigh.

••

Jack laid in his hospital bed on his side, he was cuddled into a pillow and his blankets. His family went home upon Jack's request to be alone, but Jonah, Corbyn, and Daniel refused to leave him alone in his current state. Jonah rubbed his back while Corbyn played with his hair and Daniel just sat on the bed beside his torso to comfort him.

"I can't believe he doesn't remember me," Jack cried. "We've been together for so long, how does this happen?"

Jonah frowned and gently massaged Jack's shoulders, desperately trying to make the boy stop sobbing.

"I don't know bub, I really don't know. We can only hope and pray that his memory is restored soon," Jonah said softly. All of the guys had tears in their eyes, they all hated seeing their best friend and brother so upset. They also knew that this meant that Zach wouldn't remember them either, but they knew Jack was the first person they wanted him to remember, even if it meant he would never remember them.

"I miss him, I just want to hold him and make everything okay," Jack sobbed. Corbyn frowned then leaned down to kiss Jack's forehead.

"One day you'll be able to do that Jack, I promise," Corbyn whispered. "We all love you so much, we'll do anything we can to make you feel better Jacky."

"You guys are amazing, I love you guys so much," Jack cried out. He turned so he was laying on his back and smiled at the guys as he wiped his tears. "Thank you guys for everything."

"You're welcome Jacky," Daniel replied. Jack stared at the ceiling. He felt empty inside. He knew the guys loved him, and that made him happy, but he kept thinking about Zach. What happens now? Are they still together? Will Zach give him another chance? Jack wanted to steal Zach's heart, just like the first time, more than anything.

To Jack, it felt like the whole world was crumbling down on him. The weight on his chest was becoming unbearable. He just wanted his baby back.