☀︎︎ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 ☀︎︎

As Daniel walked into the house, all eyes were on him. They were all wondering the same thing, what had taken him so long?

"Hey guys," Daniel said sheepishly.

"Hey Dani. What took so long?" Corbyn asked.

"He uh, he remembers me," Daniel mumbled. He slowly looked up and looked at Jack, waiting for a reaction.

Jack felt tears rise to his eyes, it didn't make sense. How does Zach remember his best friend of 2 1/2 years, but not his boyfriend of 4 years? He put on a fake smile for Daniel.

"I uh, I'm happy for you Daniel," Jack croaked out. "I'm going to bed. Good night guys." Jack turned around and began to speed walk up the stairs. It was only 7:00pm, but he wanted to leave the current situation.

"Jack, please don't be mad at me," Daniel called out, beginning to follow him. Jack didn't say a word, he just went straight to Jonah's room. Daniel winced when he heard a door slam shut. He slowly walked up the stairs and to Jonah's room. He knocked quietly before walking in. Jack was laying in the bed facing away from the door.

"What Daniel?" Jack groaned.

"Are you mad at me?" Daniel asked quietly.

"No Dani, I'm not mad at you." Jack sighed. Daniel closed the door and walked over to the side of the bed that Jack was on. He gently pushed Jack's legs back then sat down.

"Tell me what you're feeling Jack, because I know you're upset and angry, and that's okay. Just speak your mind," Daniel soothed. Jack looked at Daniel and made eye contact before explaining.

"I feel so confused. No offence but you guys have only been friends for a couple years, Zach and I have been friends since diapers and we've been together for 4 years. I just don't get how he remembers you but not me," Jack ranted. Daniel nodded understandingly.

"No offence taken, I totally understand, and I'm not going to lie, I'm confused too. Now that I'm the only friend he remembers, it's my responsibility to make him happy again and keep his hopes up, and I don't know what to do, I've never been in this situation before. But we'll both be okay," Daniel replied as he rubbed Jack's shoulder. Jack smiled gratefully at the blonde in front of him. "And I promise that every chance I get, I'll remind him of you. You're not in this alone, Zach will remember you eventually, he just needs some time."

"Thank you Dani."

"No problem Jack, we're in this together."

Jack smiled again. "Now, lets go back downstairs, Jonah and Corbs are worried about you," Daniel said.

Jack sat up and got out of the bed. He followed the older blonde downstairs and saw Jonah with his arms open, ready for a hug. Jack smiled and ran into Jonah's arms, immediately being engulfed into a tight embrace.

"Are you okay Jack?" Jonah asked softly.

"I'm alright," Jack answered with a nod. Jonah smiled and placed a brotherly kiss on the top of Jack's forehead.

They pulled away from the hug and Jonah smiled awkwardly down at Jack. "What's wrong Jo?" Jack asked curiously.

"I uh, I know this is bad timing and everything and I know you need comfort but I asked a girl to go on a date tonight and I don't really want to cancel," Jonah explained shyly. Jack smirked at him.

"Who's the lucky girl?" Jack asked. That made Jonah blush even more.

"Tate," Jonah mumbled.

"Tate?! As in our manager's daughter?" Jack asked, shock completely filling his voice. (Ik Tate's not their manager's daughter, but just go with it) Jonah nodded. Jack smiled widely and hugged him again. "I'm happy for you Jo! What time is the date?"

"In 45 minutes."

Jack pulled away in complete shock.

"What are you still doing down here? Go get ready!"

Jonah smiled gratefully and ruffled Jack's hair before running upstairs to get ready.

Jack smiled at Daniel and Corbyn, who were now cuddling on the couch. Daniel was straddling Corbyn's lap with his head tucked into the older's neck, and Corbyn was holding him close while rubbing his back and periodically placing kisses on his neck and head. Jack sat down on the second couch in the room, the one the couple wasn't on, and pulled out his phone. He didn't want to disturb their peaceful state so he made sure his phone was at 0 volume.

After about 30 minutes of silence, Corbyn spoke to Jack.

"How are you doing Jack?" Corbyn asked quietly. Jack noticed that Daniel was asleep, so he also kept his voice down.

"Surprisingly I'm okay. Zach's happy to remember Daniel. Him being happy is all I've ever wanted and all I'll ever want for him," Jack replied with a sad smile.

"I'm proud of you bro, you're handling this really well."

"Thanks, I'm trying my best to stay positive."

Corbyn nodded understandingly then looked at the boy in his arms, he smiled and kissed his forehead.

"I'm going to bring him up to bed," Corbyn said.

"Okay, good night Corbs."

"Good night Jack."

As Corbyn was carrying the sleeping blonde upstairs, Jonah came downstairs in dress pants and a white button up shirt.

"You look amazing Jo," Jack complimented.

"Thanks Jack," Jonah replied and shook his hands out nervously. Jack stood up and walked over to the older boy. He rubbed Jonah's shoulders and smiled at him.

"You'll be fine Jo, just be yourself, you guys already know each other so conversation won't be awkward. If she doesn't like you for you then I think it's time for you to find another girl," Jack assured. Jonah smiled and nodded.

"Thanks bro," Jonah said. "I better get going, I'm supposed to be at the restaurant in 10 minutes."

"Okay, bye Jo!"

"Bye Jack. Also, I know Corbyn is going to be asleep in the next few minutes so if you need anything or if you're feeling upset then just text or call me okay? I'll reply as soon as I can, and I'll even come home if I have to. I don't want you to feel alone."

"Thank you Jonah, I'm sure I'll be fine. Now get going before she ditches your ass for being late."

Jonah chuckled and nodded then grabbed his car keys and ran out to his car and drove off.

Jack walked back over to the living room and sat down on a couch. He opened his phone and went to his camera roll. He looked through his favourite folder, my baby🥺💘.

As he looked through the photos of Zach smiling, laughing, and sleeping, a single tear ran down his cheek.

"I miss you bubba."