☀︎︎ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 ☀︎︎

•day 2 in the hospital•

Jack woke up with Jonah laying beside him, Daniel laying his head on the end of the bed, and Corbyn was sleeping in a chair. Jack turned to face Jonah and shook him awake. The older boy opened his eyes and smiled.

"Good morning Jack," Jonah welcomed.

"Good morning," Jack replied. He cuddled into Jonah and the older boy immediately started rubbing his back to comfort him.

"I know this is hard, but everything will be okay in the end," Jonah whispered. Jack nodded to show that he heard him. As much as he wanted to believe and trust Jonah, it felt as if everything would be anything but okay. His only wish was to take Zach home and hold him forever. He just wanted them to be okay again.

"Thank you for everything Jo," Jack mumbled, "You're the best."

"No problem Jack, I'll always be here for you, I promise."

Jack nodded and hugged Jonah tighter.

•3 days later•

Zach hadn't improved much over the past few days. He's met his siblings, and he remembered them, and he had been starting to remember some things that recently happened. But he still doesn't remember Jack or the guys.

Jack felt totally lost, he felt lost without the love of his life by his side. He knew he was getting discharged from the hospital today, so at least he could be at home and not in the small hospital room.

Dr. Robinson walked into the room with a smile on his face.

"Here's your discharge papers, I just need you to sign on all of the blank lines, it's basically just to say that you agree that you're in a stable enough condition to go home," Dr. Robinson explained. Jack nodded and took the clipboard and pen from his hands. He quickly signed all of the papers and handed it back to him, he was eager to get out of there.

As soon as Dr. Robinson made sure the papers were signed, he gave Jack the okay to go. "I'll sign you out so you can just go straight home."

"Ok, thank you," Jack replied. "I have a question."

"Yes?"

"C-Can I go see Zach again?" Jack asked.

"That's up to him and his family. I'll go ask him and get back to you. You should probably get changed into your regular clothes and get cleaned up," he suggested. Jack nodded and thanked him before he left the room. Jack's 3 band mates and his parents left the room, and his siblings were at home for the day so he was all alone. He slowly got out of the bed and changed into the hoodie and basketball shorts that he was given from his mom. He ran a hand through his hair so it wasn't a total mess, then he put his glasses on and collected his belongings.

He walked out of the room and everyone smiled at him. Dr. Robinson walked over to them with a smile.

"Zach said he's okay to talk to you. And you guys will be alone in the room, his family won't be there," he explained to Jack. Jack nodded with a small smile.

"Thank you."

He followed the doctor to Zach's room and knocked before walking in. He smiled when he saw his boyfriend, well, ex boyfriend, looking at him. Zach's family sent looks of sympathy to Jack before walking out of the room, letting the two be alone. Jack walked over to Zach and smiled down at him.

"Hi," Zach mumbled shyly.

"Hey," Jack replied.

"You can sit on the bed if you'd like, I know those chairs are uncomfortable." Zach's voice was quiet, he felt uncomfortable being alone with a stranger that was supposed to be his boyfriend.