☀︎ ︎𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚎𝚗 ☀︎︎

•two months later•

Jack and Zach have gotten a lot closer, they would consider themselves good friends. Jack has helped Zach get back on social media, the limelights were so happy to finally hear from him again. Jack made him turn off the comments, just for his safety and mental health.

Zach has been feeling more grateful than ever. He has learned a lot about himself, he even learned about all of his fans and everything the band has done.

"Hey, Zach!" Jack exclaimed as he walked into the Herron house.

"Jack!" Zach exclaimed and ran towards the boy. He hugged him tightly before pulling away.

"Are you ready to go?" Jack asked. Zach nodded excitedly. Today he got to meet Jonah and Corbyn. For some reason the names sounded familiar, he recognized them as soon as Jack said the names, but he couldn't remember anyone by those names.

Zach followed the older boy to his car and got into the passenger seat. Jack got into the driver seat.

•at wdw house•

Zach got out of the car and slowly walked up to the front door. This is also the first time he's seen the why don't we house.

He knocked on the door gently, and it opened immediately. A tall brunette stood in front of Zach. The young boy took a moment to look at him, and as soon as they made eye contact, Zach remembered.

"Jonah! Oh my god!" Zach exclaimed. He jumped into Jonah's arms and hugged him tightly.

"Hey bud," Jonah replied. He rubbed Zach's back and held him tightly so he wouldn't fall.

"I remember you! You and your coffee addiction, when you brought me to the library and told me I should read the kid's books, and when you helped me after my skateboard accident."

"Really?!" Jonah asked excitedly.

"I do Jo. I've missed you so much," Zach mumbled. Jonah placed him back on the ground and they pulled away from the hug. Zach looked behind the older boy and saw another familiar brunette. "Corbyn?" Zach asked.

"It's me," Corbyn replied with a smile. Zach ran over to him and hugged him tightly.

"It's been way too long without my space bean," Zach said, using the nickname only he uses for Corbyn.

"I agree Zachy bear," Corbyn replied. They rocked back and forth in the hug for a little longer before pulling away.

Jack watched all of this go down, tears filled his eyes, threatening to fall. How was this fair? Why did he have to work his ass off to get Zach to trust him again but Zach just automatically remembers and trusts the other guys?

"I uh, I'm going to go get food or something," Jack said quickly. Before he could turn around, he saw everyone give him a sympathetic look, but Zach gave him a sad look.

Jack ran out to his car and quickly drove away before the guys could see him breakdown.

Zach frowned at the ground and awkwardly played with his fingers.

"D-Did I do something wrong?" The young brunette asked. Jonah quickly pulled him into a hug.

"You didn't do anything wrong, Zach, Jack's just upset and confused. None of this is your fault," Jonah soothed. Zach took a few deep breaths into Jonah's chest. Everything was so overwhelming, it was too much for him to handle.

"can we just sit down and do something?" Zach asked.

"of course," Jonah answered. They pulled away from the embrace and walked to the living room where they sat on the couch. They continued watching the movie that Daniel had put on.

•2 hours later•

Zach had gone home after about an hour and a half, and Jack finally came back. He walked into the house, his cheeks full of tear stains, his hair messy and everywhere, his eyes were red, and his whole body was shaking.

"Jack! Where have you been?" Jonah asked as we walked over to the boy?

"Out," Jack answered. He kept his head down, he didn't want to admit that he was feeling the way he was.

"Jack, I know you're upset about Zach's situation, but he trusts you, and you're friends. That's all you can ask for right now, " Jonah said softly.

"No, you don't get to tell me what I can hope for. You don't understand what it's like to have the love of your life not remember you, they don't remember anything about the relationship and their memories of you are all gone! You don't get to decide what's okay and what's not because you're not in my situation!" Jack said loudly. He began breaking down in the middle of his rant, making the end messy and sob-filled. Jonah frowned then pulled Jack into a tight hug.

"Shh Jack, you're okay, everything will be okay, " Jonah soothed.

"How do you know? Nothing will be okay," Jack cried.

"Hey, you don't know that Jack. Have some faith okay?"

"O-Okay."

Jonah rubbed Jack's back until he was completely calmed down, then he pulled away.

"Everything will work out exactly how it's supposed to, just trust the process," Jonah said. Jack nodded to show that he agreed. "are you okay Jack?"

"I think so. It just sucks," Jack answered with a shrug.

"I know it sucks, I know."

•••••

Jack laid in his bed, he wasn't ready to talk to anyone until tomorrow. He looked through his photos with Zach from when they were together.

"Please come back to me bubby, I need you now more than ever," Jack cried. He wiped the solo tear from his cheek then put his phone down. The only hope he has was burning out, his love slipping from his fingertips.