☀︎︎ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 ☀︎︎

"Zachary Dean Herron, will you marry me?"

••

"I- I-," Zach stumbled. "I'm sorry."

Without another word, Zach ran away from the older boy, leaving Jack in shock. He put the ring back in his pocket and stood up. He looked around the area but he couldn't see Zach anywhere.

Jack let out a sigh before leaning against the railing and putting his head in his hands. He wasn't mad at Zach, he could never be mad at him, he was just disappointed in himself for making Zach feel uncomfortable.

Was it too soon? Did he want a bigger proposal? Did he want a smaller proposal? Did he want his family to be there?

Jack went through every scenario he could think of, but he always got back to how stupid he was for making his baby uncomfortable.

After about 10 minutes, Jack decided to go find Zach. He figured he would either be in the hotel room, or at the beach. Since the beach was closer, Jack decided to check there first.

He walked down the boardwalk and down the stairs until he was on the sand. In the distance he saw Zach sitting by the water, his knees up to his chest and his head in his arms.

Jack walked over to him and sat down beside him, he didn't say anything at first, and neither did Zach. That was until Zach let out another sob.

"Bug, what's wrong?" Jack asked softly, pulling Zach close to him.

"You're mad at me," Zach cried.

"No love, I'm not. I could never, ever, be mad at you for making your own decision," Jack replied, trying to help Zach calm down. Jack pulled Zach onto his lap so he was straddling his waist, he held onto the boy tightly and rocked back and forth while the younger cried into his shoulder. "Shh bub, I'm not mad at you."

After a few minutes, Zach was completely calmed down. He stayed in Jack's arms, as that's where he felt the most comfortable and safe.

"I'm not mad baby," Jack reassured the boy again.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive."

Zach pulled away from Jack and looked down at him, his eyes were bloodshot and his cheeks were glowing from tears. Jack wiped away the excess tears on his cheeks before kissing his nose softly.

"I'm sorry Jacky."

"Don't be sorry my love, you have nothing to apologize for," Jack replied, gently caressing Zach's cheek.

"I didn't have to run though, I could've just told you I'm not ready," Zach mumbled.

"I understand bub, you were uncomfortable and needed to get away. I completely understand," Jack said. "I'm really sorry that I made you feel so uncomfortable."

"It's not your fault Jacky," Zach replied. He hugged the older boy again and snuggled his face into Jack's shoulder.

"Is it just too early, love?" Jack whispered.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm not ready."

"It's okay, it's your decision baby."

The couple stayed in the hug for a while before deciding to go back to the hotel. Jack gave Zach a piggy back ride all the way across the resort.

When they made it to the hotel, Jack let Zach off of his back. Zach immediately brought Jack into a passionate kiss. He pulled the older boy closer by his neck and Jack wrapped his arms around the younger boy's waist.

Zach began grinding up against Jack, which caused the older boy to pull away.

"I know what you're doing baby. You don't need to make up for anything, especially not with sex," Jack said, moving some hair out of Zach's eyes. "You don't need to feel bad for what happened bub, it's not your fault."

"I know, but I want to make it up to you," Zach said shyly.

"Baby, I'm not going to force you to have sex with me. I don't think you're in the right mindset to consent right now," Jack admitted. He gently rubbed his thumb across Zach's jawline before pecking his lips. Zach pouted slightly before agreeing to what Jack had said. "We still have a couple more days love, if you're up to it tomorrow we can. Okay?"

"Okay," Zach agreed.

"Good, now let's shower and get changed then go to bed, it's been a long day."

The couple grabbed their pyjamas before going into the bathroom. Jack made sure to put the ring somewhere safe. They started the shower and both hopped in. Jack washed the younger boy's body with the loofa very gently. He then washed himself. They don't wash their hair at night, just their bodies to get rid of the sand and dirt.

After their shower, Jack changed into a pair of boxers and shorts, and Zach changed into a pair of boxers and one of Jack's t-shirts, which was very loose on him. They got into bed, Jack spooned the younger boy from behind and placed a few kisses on his neck.

"You're sure you're not mad?" Zach mumbled.

"I'm sure my love, stop worrying about it," Jack reassured the boy. "Go to sleep bubba, I can tell you're tired."

Zach just nodded before letting out a yawn and closing his eyes.

"Good night Jacky, I love you."

"Good night my love, I love you too."