☀︎︎ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 ☀︎︎

•a few days later•

Zach was about to enter his and Jack's room when he heard Jack talking on the phone.

"You have to be kidding," Jack said quietly. "You're joking, please say you're joking. Uh yeah, I'll be okay, talk to you later, bye."

Zach walked into the room and frowned when he saw Jack almost in tears. He closed the door behind him and sat next to the boy, pulling him into a hug. Jack started sobbing quietly into Zach's shoulder, hugging him back the best he could.

"Shh bub, it's okay," Zach whispered. Jack slowly calmed down but stayed in Zach's arms. "What's wrong?"

"My mom called," Jack started. "She called to tell me my grandma passed away."

"Oh Jack, I'm so sorry," Zach said with a frown. He kissed Jack's forehead and began rocking him back and forth.

"The funeral is in a couple days, I'll need to fly to Pennsylvania tomorrow," Jack said softly.

"Okay bub, we can arrange that. Do you want me to come with you?" Zach offered.

"I think it would be good if I just went by myself."

"Okay, let's get you a plane ticket then."

Jack sat up and pulled out his phone to begin searching for plane tickets. Zach placed his head on his shoulder and wrapped his arms around his waist as he watched. Jack bought a ticket for the next day that left at 1pm, so he would arrive at about 6pm.

Zach smiled when he saw Jack book it. He knew it wasn't the best circumstance, but he knew it would be good for him to see his relatives again.

"I'm going to pack."

"Do you want help?"

"I'll be okay on my own."

"Okay, I'll be downstairs if you need anything."

Zach got up from the bed and made his way downstairs. He sat on the couches with the other guys and listened to their conversation.

"Where's Jack?" Corbyn asked.

"Packing," Zach answered.

"For what?"

"His mom called and told him his grandma passed, so he's going to Pennsylvania tomorrow," Zach explained.

"Aw, poor guy," Daniel added.

"Yeah, he seems pretty upset."

"Are you going with him?" Jonah asked.

"No, he didn't want me to."

"That's weird."

"Yeah, but I totally understand. Sometimes family things are better alone," Zach said. As he finished saying that, Jack walked into the living room. Zach opened his arms with a smile and Jack immediately sat with him and cuddled into him. Zach started playing with his hair, causing Jack to let out a content hum. "You okay bub?" Zach asked his boyfriend. Jack just nodded and closed his eyes. Zach smiled down at him and placed a few kisses next to his eye.

Zach played with Jack's hair as the older boy relaxed in his arms. Jack slowly fell asleep in his lover's arms.

•the next day•

The couple was at the airport, about to say their goodbyes. A couple fans were watching them but they kept their distance. Zach was hugging Jack tightly, swaying back and forth.

"Will you be okay bub?" Zach asked softly.

"Yeah, I'll be okay," Jack replied. They pulled away from the hug and Jack looked down at Zach with a small smile. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"I'll see you in 5 days, okay?"

"Okay," Zach said. They just stared into each other's eyes until Jack's boarding was called. Jack placed a soft kiss on Zach's lips then they smiled at each other.

"Bye bubba," Jack whispered.

"Bye love, see you soon."

Jack pulled away from Zach and grabbed his suitcase. He walked up to the line and waved at Zach. Zach waved back and watched as Jack went into the tunnel that would lead him to the plane. Zach began walking out of the airport. He knew he would miss Jack but he knew that this was good for him.

Zach exited the airport and got into his car then drove himself home.

•••

About an hour later Zach arrived at home. He entered the house and smiled at the other guys.

"How did it go?" Jonah asked.

"A couple fans, nothing too major. I'm just going to miss him," Zach said with a sigh. Jonah smiled softly at the boy.

"I know, but he'll be back in less than a week."

"I know."

"How about we get Dorbyn and have an afternoon in the pool?" Jonah suggested.

"That actually sounds really nice," Zach agreed. Jonah nodded.

"Go get changed and meet me back there, I'll get Dani and Corbs."

"Okay." Zach walked up to his and Jack's bedroom and changed into a pair of swim shorts. It was weird not having Jack with him but he wasn't too upset, he knew Jack would be back.

He grabbed a towel then headed to the backyard, seeing Jonah, Corbyn, and Daniel already in the pool. He set down his towel before getting into the pool with them.

"You guys want to play basketball?" Corbyn asked.

"I'm down," Zach agreed.

"Cool, me and Dani against you and Jonah?"

Zach looked at Jonah and nodded.

"It's on."

The group played basketball for almost 3 hours before they decided to finally get out of the pool. Zach checked his phone and didn't see anything from Jack, it made sense because there was still about an hour left of his flight.

Zach put his phone down and joined the conversation with the other guys.

•3 hours later (7pm)•

Zach was laying in bed, scrolling through Instagram when he saw a post from Jack.

That's weird, he hasn't even texted me back.

jackaverymusic

Liked by imzacherron, jonahmarais, and 72,829 morejackaverymusic good to be back ❤️ @gabbiegonzalez

jackaverymusic good to be back ❤️ @gabbiegonzalez

imzachherron miss you already <3
jacksuncle we've missed you buddy
     jackaverymusic I've missed you guys too, it's been too long
limelight4jack I love seeing u with ur family 🥺

Zach waited about 5 minutes, still no text from Jack, and also no reply to his comment. Jack always replied to his comments. He even replied to his uncle's comment. He didn't mean to be the jealous type, but Jack seemed pretty close to the girl in the photo, and the fact that he still hadn't texted Zach made him worried.

Zach just shrugged it off and put his phone away then fell asleep.