☀︎︎ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 ☀︎︎

Over the next few days, Zach and Jack spent most of their time laying in bed watching Netflix. Jack insisted Zach rested until he was 100% better. Jack made sure to keep him well fed and hydrated as he got better, he also helped the boy have a bath when he was feeling sweaty.

Zach was now feeling almost 100%, only having a stuffed nose. But that meant they were put right back to work.

The boys had another studio session today because Randy had decided that they had too long of a break since the last session. They were all currently in Jonah's car as Jonah drove them to the studio. Zach's knee was bouncing while he laid against Jack's chest.

"Is everything okay my love?" Jack asked softly.

"Yeah, just nervous," Zach replied.

"I know bubba. I won't let Randy treat you how he did last time, I promise."

"Thank you Jacky."

"No problem baby."

"What will we be recording?" Zach asked.

"I think we're continuing Lotus Inn from last time since we didn't finish," Jack answered.

"Okay."

•at the studio•

The five guys walked into the studio where Randy and a few sound guys were waiting.

"Randy, can I talk to you in private?" Jack asked.

"Sure," Randy replied. Jack followed the man into a small room and immediately gave him a death glare. "What Jack?"

"How you treated Zach last time was not okay, and I won't let that happen again," Jack said sternly.

"I was just trying to help him Jack, he's really out of tune and he needs some work," Randy tried to compromise.

"No, you weren't trying to help, you were just making him feel like shit. As soon as we took the break he was crying while I hugged him because of you, you stressed him out. He's still new to this, he's not used to singing or recording, go easy on him. If you treat him like that again I won't hesitate to leave with him and take a few months break."

"You can't do that, I'm your manager, I make the rules."

"Oh yeah? Fucking watch me." Jack snarled before walking out of the room, not even looking at Randy. He walked back over to the boys and his face softened when he saw Zach walk over to him and hug him.

"What was that about?" Zach asked softly.

"I just let him know not to treat you like he did last time," Jack answered. Zach pulled his head off of Jack's chest and looked up at him.

"Were you nice about it?" Zach asked with large eyes. Jack just smiled and booped Zach's nose gently.

"You, my angel, don't need to know the answer to that," Jack replied softly. Zach just giggled softly, making Jack coo at the boy. Jack placed one last kiss on Zach's forehead before Randy walked back into the main section of the studio.

"Zach, you're up first, let's go," Randy instructed, nodding his head toward the booth. Zach looked up at Jack with scared eyes.

"I don't wanna go first," Zach whispered. Jack just smiled and nodded.

"I'll go first, I think Zach should see a few of us go before him," Jack said to Randy.

"We don't have time for this. Zach, let's go," Randy said, his voice sounding aggravated. Zach just looked up at Jack with a helpless look.