☀︎︎ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 ☀︎︎

•the next day•

The four boys were sitting at the table eating breakfast. It was silent until Zach spoke up.

"Who's the girl from Jack's Instagram post yesterday?" Zach asked.

"His ex, Gabbie," Daniel answered.

"Oh," Zach replied with a frown.

"Don't be jealous Zach, he's probably just visiting her and her family, you know he wouldn't do that," Daniel said sympathetically.

"I know, but he never texted me yesterday, I assumed he would text me when he landed," Zach said.

"He probably just got busy, don't overthink it Zach, I'm sure everything's fine," Corbyn reassured him. Zach just shrugged. He knew he trusted Jack, but he had never met Gabbie, and knowing that she's his ex made it worse.

"I'll just call him after breakfast then."

"Sounds good."

Zach quickly finished his plate of food before putting it in the dishwasher and heading upstairs. He went into his bedroom and called Jack. Jack picked up after a couple rings.

"Hi love," Jack greeted.

"Hey," Zach replied. "Why didn't you text me when you got there?"

"I'm sorry bub, I got busy saying hi to everyone and I forgot," Jack answered.

"Oh, that's okay. Who was the girl in your post?"

"Just a friend of mine hun," Jack said.

"The guys told me she's your ex," Zach mumbled awkwardly. Jack sighed.

"She is, but we're both over it, it's been like 6 years since we've been together."

"Why did you guys break up?"

"Because I'm gay..?" Jack said like it was obvious.

"So she could still have feelings," Zach mumbled to himself.

"Zach, none of us have feelings for each other. You trust me, right?"

"Yeah," Zach answered.

"Then why are you so pissy about this?"

"I just wanted to know," Zach said shyly, he could tell Jack was upset.

"Well I told you and you kept nagging!"

"I'm sorry okay! I just wanted to make sure everything would be fine!" Zach exclaimed.

"Well, it will be," Jack grunted.

"Okay. Will you text me later?"

"I don't know Zach, will you still be hormonal later?"

"Just text me later, okay?"

"Why? So you can be jealous and start another argument?"

"I didn't mean to start this one! I just wanted to make sure everything was okay," Zach argued.

"Stop being so fucking jealous, I don't want to be with someone who is constantly jealous!" Jack yelled.

"Fine then, you don't have to be," Zach stated, tears filling his eyes.

"No Zach, wa-."

Zach hung up the phone, cutting Jack off. Tears immediately started going down his cheeks. He hated arguing, even more when it was with Jack. Having him so far away was hard, and Jack knew that, so why was he making it worse? It wasn't that he didn't trust Jack, he just didn't trust Gabbie. Zach looked down at his phone and saw messages from Jack.