Chapter 40. Fun

Maddox Payne has been invading my thoughts since I've met him. He feels like a drug to me. I need to stay away from him, but I keep injecting him into my system. He's corrupting me in the most blissful way.

Putting my pajamas on I grab Zero and my bag full of surprises then I head out the door. Stepping into the elevator I put Zero on the ground and wait for us to be at the main entrance, but instead the doors open on the third floor making me roll my eyes."Ethel."

"You goin to see that man of yours?" She asked as she stepped in. Nodding, she grins."He's a fine one. And that accent-woo." She fanned herself." Keep him on a leash."

"I will." I said bitterly as I waited impatiently for my stop to come."Bye Ethel." Rushing out of that hell hole I get into my car and drive towards Maddox's house.

Pulling into his driveway, I stare aimlessly at the house still taken aback by the beauty of it. Snapping out of my trance I pick Zero up and walk towards the front door. Knocking three times against the black wooden door I wait for him to answer.

A minute or so passes before the door slams open and an angry Maddox approaches." What the fuc-" breathing in his anger flows away." You're early, piccola."

"Are you mad at me?" Raising his eyebrows he shakes his head.

"You just caught me off guard is all. I thought you were one of my men." He clarified as he opened his door wider. Nodding I step inside." Is there a dog with you?"

"Yup." I beamed." I thought the beast could use some company." Shaking his head with a smile he calls the monster over. Approaching slowly he smells the air and glares over at me."Will he kill him?" Ignoring my question he calls Prague to his side.

"Let me see it." He said as he got on his knees. Handing him Zero he froze."What the fuck is this?"

"A dog." I said I'm a duh voice.

"Why is it so small? Is it a puppy."

"No, he's a year old already."

"So you got a kick me dog?" Slapping his shoulder he laughed it off." You can't hurt them, okay? Soprattutto non lei.(Especially not her.)" He said in his native tongue as he stared up at me with a mixture of admiration and another unknown emotion within his blind eyes. Sighing he places Zero on the floor as the beast stares confusingly at the small creature.

"Anyways I'm gonna show you how to have fun, old man." Standing to his feet he looks at me like I'm an idiot.

"I know how to have fun."

"You're in a suit at six o'clock and everyday now that I think about it." Going to intervene I cut him off." You don't know what a vlog is, you have no idea what most social media platforms are, you know none of today's celebrities, and you barely know any music icons that are still alive. So I don't really think you know the definition of fun." Going to object I cut him off again." Your idea of fun is probably solving the worlds hardest math equation."

"Actually my idea of fun is being isolated from all of those things as I drink whiskey and listen to the blues."

"Why do you hate people so much?"

"I've just always been that way." He shrugged." I like you though and I'll try whatever you want me to do." Feeling myself slowly start to blush I stay quiet and listen to his beautiful voice."So what are going to do?"

"First you're gonna get out of that suit." I instructed as he turned his back and mumbled his way up the stairs. Turning my attention to the dogs I see them playing in Prague's little house in the stairwell.

I've know Prague longer and he still doesn't like me, but he's know this dude for three minutes and he's already invited into his fort. Bullshit. Getting over my jealousy I wait for Dox on the couch. Thirty minutes later I hear his heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. Looking up I'm greeted with a breath taking sight. Maddox with droplets of water rolling down his tatted chest down to his low hanging sweatpants." I should have told you I was going to take a shower. I'm sorry I made you wait." He apologized as he pushed his wet hair out of his face.

"Uh huh." I mumbled, not really paying attention to a word he says as I scan over his body. Without thinking I reach out and trace my finger over his flesh as I look closely at the many scars I failed to notice earlier."Where? How?" I asked dumbfounded as he grabbed my hand and traced them with me.

"Military." Looking in his eyes I see them go back to his normal blank expression. Something tells me these really have a effect over him."Anyways, what's next?" He asked as he cleared his throat.

"Oh um dancing. We're gonna have our own little dance party."

"Why?" He groaned as I went to YouTube and played one of my favorite songs on the TV. Staring to jump around as I sang the lyrics."No." He said blankly making my actions come to a holt.

"Please." I whined as I tugged one of his arms making him roll his eyes.

"Fine." He sighed."Only once." Nodding I restart the song and shout the lyrics as Dox and I jumped around laughing.

"That's my shiz, that's my wave. Do it like that and I'll repay it. Don't be scared, I ain't afraid. Just like that, come my way. That's my shiz, that's my wave. Do it like that and I'll repay it. Don't be scared, I ain't afraid. Just like that, come my way.'Yeah'I said, "Do that, do that, baby, all night long". And I'ma turn off all my phones. You know I hate it when I'm left on read, but he make it all up in the bed. And he take me out, dinin' on nothin' but the best. He got Off-White on right, damn, he can dress. Makin' plans from the East, makin' bands in the West Rock star, Black Beatle type, bands on his bread. And baby, I want it, and I just be honest.
'Cause I just can't front when I look at you. Just keep it one hunnid when I throw these hunnids. I hope that your ass gon' know what to do." That one dance turned into five.

Plopping down exhausted on the couch I smile."That was fun, right?" I asked as I looked at a grinning Dox." Dox?"

"Yeah it was, but I got you an apology gift." Grabbing my hand he drags me into his room.

"Apology?"

"For bleeding on your floor." He chuckled as he entered his closet. Who the fuck apologizes for bleeding after they get shot?"Here." Looking up I see a stuffed Rick doll. Snatching the doll with a screech, I hold it tight."I'm guessing you like it." I have five Rick and Morty dolls, but I don't have a pickle Rick so this is perfect.

"Thank you!" I squeal as I wrap my arms around him bringing him into a hug."But there was no need to apologize. You were shot just in case you forgot." Kissing the top of my head he ask what time it is."It's about to be eight. Why?"

"You wanna watch a movie?"

"Yes! I'm gonna make you watch Rick and Morty." Now it was my turn to drag him around. Sitting in one of the chairs I grab the remote and put on the show."Make sure you pay attention."

"Morty! You gotta come on. You got-you gotta come with me." Rick mumbles drunkenly. Then our binge watching began.
————
I actually need an answer to this question 🤕 should I keep Maddox Italian or should I make him Russian?

Check out my other stories Mafia Love and Our Darkest Sides.