Chapter 37. The Date

"Smettila bambina testarda.(Stop it you stubborn little girl.)" Maddox scolded me as he took my hand and helped me out of the car." Stop opening the door by yourself."

"Maddox, I promise you I can open doors by myself." I rolled my eyes as we stood in front of the French restaurant.

"I know what you are capable of, piccola, but it's called chivalry and it comes with most men."

"No man that I have ever dated wouldn't let me open doors by myself." I smirked as I poked his stomach.

"Because you've dated boys not men. Now can we go inside or do you want to continue this?" Accepting my loss to this asshole we walk into Le Coucou. "Reservation for Payne." Maddox told the host as she stared wide eyed at him.

"Um right this way." Nodding we followed her to a table."Your server will be with you shortly." And then she scurried off.

"Either she thinks you're hot or you scare her." I giggled as he took his seat.

"I'm guessing the second one." Smiling I grab a menu and scan over it."Have you decided what you want?"

"A Beouf Bourguignon with a Sprite." Nodding he calls the waiter over.

"W-What may I get you today, Mr. Payne?" The man stuttered as he looked down at his notepad.

"A Beouf Bourguignon with a Sprite and a Chicken Provençal with a glass of Coombsville." Maddox told him as the man jotted it down then went on his way."I'll be back." He informed me as he stood from his chair and went towards the host. After a few seconds a man comes out who I assume is the manager.

Silently I watch the exchange between the manager and Maddox as I notice everyone's eyes are glued to the floor with terror.

Shaking my head I glare at his retreating figure."You're scaring them."

"It's not my fault, piccola, it comes with the persona." He chuckled as he returned to his seat." Now listen, Madison. It's honestly very sad to admit but this is my first date so if it is a disaster I apologize." Ladies and gentlemen Maddox Payne is a date virgin.

"It's fine, Maddox, you're doing great so far." I smiled as I reached across the table and took his giant hand in my small one. Sighing he rubbed his thumb up and down my wrist.

"Mi fai impazzire, piccola.(You drive me crazy, baby girl.)"

"What does that mean?" I asked as I continued to look at our intertwined hands.

"Noth-"

"Maddox." I warned as he shook his head with a smile."What does that whole sentence mean? And I mean picco or piccole or however you say it."

"It means you drive me crazy, baby girl." Blushing I bite my lip.

"So you've been calling me baby girl this whole time?" As he nodded I smirked."So that's the nickname you have for me?" Raising his eyebrow he slowly nodded."Then I get to call you Dox."

"Are you serious?" He asked as he rolled his eyes.

"If you can't be my doxy then I can't be your baby girl."

"Fine, sei monello fastidioso.( Fine, you annoying brat.)" He agreed as he brought my hand up to his lips.

"Perfe-" before I could finish my sentence the waiter came back but with a different attitude.

"Here you are." He smiled as he placed the plates in front of us."Enjoy and if you need anything call me over."

"Thank you." I thanked as he walked away."Finally, I am starving." I joked as I took a bite of my food."Anyways let's get to know each other. I'll go first. Let's see, I've always loved singing so when I was signed at thirteen I was ecstatic. What else? Oh I'm originally from New York, I'm a Pisces, my favorite show is Rick and Morty, I can't cook to save my life, and I have ten tattoos but they're tiny so they're not as cool as yours but I love them."