Chapter 22. The Show

"Yes I love this." Nick, my makeup artist, commented as he took a step back and studied his work."Ok go get dressed. I wanna see how it looks with the outfit." Nodding I slip off the chair and head to the changing room.

"Finally, that bitch be takin for ever." Complained Timmy, my dresser."Come on let's get your ass in this outfit." Doing as I was instructed he gave me the outfit and told me he'll be outside. Slipping on the separate pieces of clothing I take a look in the mirror. As I was observing myself I was quickly interrupted by Nick and Timmy arguing."Nah bitch, I did that shit." Laughing I open the door to the arguing couple. Turning towards me they both stare in astonishment."You look stunning and I told you I did that shit."

Rolling my eyes I close the door behind me."You both did a wonderful job. I'll see you guys later." Taking them both into a hug. I rush onto the back entrance of the stage where Tonya was.

"Damn girl you look great."

"Thanks. The shows about to start go out there." Nodding Tonya stepped out and the room filled with cheers. Stepping closer I peek through the current.

"Y'all ready for this bomb ass show?" The crowd yelled a 'yes'."Me too, me too. So before I waste all y'all's time let's get this shit started. Madison Ross, ladies and gentlemen." Walking onto the stadium it erupted in cheers."Good luck, girl." Tonya whispered in my ear. Smiling I grab the mic.

"How you guys doing?" I asked through the mic. They all screamed their answers making my smile widen."Who got V.I.P tickets?" Some raised their hands."Great, I'll see you guys after the show. Now let's get this show started." Taking a deep breath I start singing the song.
—————
3rd Person POV

Maddox stood in the crowd and listened to the voice he recognized as Tonya. She asked some questions making the crowd shout which made Maddox cringe. He's never done things like this before. He never liked it. But for what he did to her he felt as if he needed to. Snapping him out of his cringe was the girl that made him feel different voice. It was her. It was Madison. He felt himself smile a little. He didn't know why but he did. And if felt surprisingly good to him. After more screaming he felt as if he was lost in a trance at her soft angelic voice.

"Voicemail is full
Glass is half empty
I want you bad
I want it that bad
I get what I want
But maybe I shouldn't
'Cause that would be bad
That would be so bad
One, two, three, four, five
Too many times
I've been down this road too many nights
So next time." She stopped for a brief second than the beat dropped and everyone started screaming again. Madison was on the stage singing as she danced to the music.

"I should use my heartI should use my heartI should use my heart lessUse my heartI should use my heartI should use my heart less, noSo I kiss you goodbyeMaybe I shouldn't, not when it's goodNot when it's this goodAnd I never learnSo maybe it's my ...

I should use my heart
I should use my heart less
Use my heart
I should use my heart
I should use my heart less, no
So I kiss you goodbye
Maybe I shouldn't, not when it's good
Not when it's this good
And I never learn
So maybe it's my fault
I always love
I love you too hard
One, two, three, four, five
Too many times
I've been down this road too many nights
So next time
I should use my heart
I should use my heart less
Use my heart
I should use my heart
I should use my heart less, no."

He loved it. Besides the constant screaming and the fans that thought they could sing but he loved it. He loved her voice. The rhythm. Her lyrics. The song ended and he was saddened. But it quickly vanished when he heard her voice once more.

Madison took the mic and sang the acoustic version of her award winning song Dead.

"You could be here, but you're thereYou could be anywhere and these days I don't even care no moreYou only be showing me love whenever you've had too muchWhatever's been filling your cup, no moreBaby, no more showing up when you're not soberAt my ...

You could be anywhere and these days I don't even care no more
You only be showing me love whenever you've had too much
Whatever's been filling your cup, no more
Baby, no more showing up when you're not sober
At my front door just to say you're alone tonight
Yeah, tryna fuck me and my mind up
It's a reminder you're a liar and you know I'm right
You say you can't live without me
So why aren't you dead yet?
Why you still breathing?" Maddox's happiness quickly disappeared as he wondered who the hell broke this innocent girls heart.

Feeling his pants vibrate he picked it up with anger."What?" He snapped.

"Sorry if I woke you, boss, but we need you down here. Darrian found some stuff on that guy you were looking for." Sighing Maddox ran his hand through his gelled back hair.

"I'll be there." He replied then he hung up.

He didn't want to leave but business called. He slipped past the excited fans and went to his car. As he pulled out the lot he couldn't get the thought of Madison's voice out of his head.
———————
Check out my other stories "Mafia Love" and "Our Darkest Sides."