Chapter 4. Help

"This is a dumb question but I'm gonna ask anyways. Who has heard of Shakespeare?" He asked as he rubbed the back of the calm Pitbull on his lap. We all said 'yes' so he continued."Well who here knows the poem Blind Love-Sonnet 148?" Nobody answered so he sighed and pulled out a stack of papers."Well now you are about to. Come down here and get a paper." One by one the students rushed away from the stacks scared to meet his eyes and the growls of the beast on his lap.

I got up and approached the black wooden desk slowly as his silver eyes buried my soul completely. Gulping I stepped closer and grabbed the paper before I could go away completely Mr. Payne grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him."Do you need help, Ms. Ross?"

"No."

"Grab a seat." He ordered, I nodded and grabbed a chair from the side.

Placing the chair by him I cautiously sat next to him having suspicious students eyes land on me. Getting nervous I scoot closer to Mr. Payne."Don't mind them." He whispered in my ear."I'll read it. You tell me what the meaning is, okay?"  Nodding my head he glares at me."Use your words. I'm blind what the hell does nodding do for me?" He growled at me.

"I-I didn't-I'm s-sorry, Mr. Payne." I said on the verge of tears. He cussed under his breath.

"O me! What eyes hath love put in my head
Which have no correspondence
with true sight;
Or if they have, where is my
Judgement fled
That censures falsely what
they alright?
If that be fair whereon my false
eyes dote,
What means the world to say it
Is not so?
If it be not, then love doth well
denote
Love's eye is not so true as all
men's:No,
How can it? O how can love's
eye be true,
That is so vex'd with watching
and with tears?
No marvel then though I mistake
my view:
The sun itself sees not not til heaven
clears.
O cunning love! With tears thou
keep'st me blind,
Lest eyes well-seeing thy foul
faults should find!"

I looked up at him with wide eyes."That was beautiful. Did you write that?" He shook his head with a small grin.

"That was Blind Love. And I'm sorry for shouting at you." He said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"All is forgiven. Even though you said a poem while I was crying." He scoffed.

"In my defense I'm not good with emotional shit. Also the poem speaks volumes. Especially if you word it right." He spoke with true passion which made me smile."Sorry, anyways what do you think the theme is?"

"That um he's blind w-when it comes to l-love. Am I right?" He chuckled then nodded his head.

"That you are. Now go back to your seat. I'm about to discuss it." Smiling I got up and walked back to my seat. Once I was seated he removed the dog from his lap and explained to us what the poem meant.

"Have a nice day. I'll see you tomorrow." I got up and headed towards the door until he stepped in front of me.

"Is something wrong, Mr. Payne?" I asked as I started to shift uncomfortably.

"Where are you going?" He asked in a duh voice. Me being confused responded with-

"Home. Where else would I go?" He took a step forward and towered over my 5'10 height and spoke.

"I'm tutoring you today." My mouth formed an 'oh' but then I realized something.

"Hey, you didn't tell me that. What happened if I was busy, huh?" He chuckled then smirked.

"Well, Madison, you would just have to fail." He said stretching my name in his sexy Italian voice."So are we doing this or not? Because I could literally give no fucks about your grade." I sniffled at his harsh words and his eyes snapped to mine."Don't you dare start crying. Sit down."

"Yes, sir." Taking a seat in a chair the black Pitbulls head snapped to me. Bearing his teeth at me he stepped closer. Gulping I got up and ran next to Mr. Payne.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He snapped at me as he tried to pry me from around his waist. Shaking my head I pointed at the beast."WORDS!" Whimpering I hid in his suit jacket.

"Dog." I mumble as he looks up and anger flashes in his eyes.

"Prague." He warned, the dog's actions came to a holt and he sat down calmly."Are you scared of dogs?"

"Only yours."

"Well this is Prague. He was my old military dog." He said as if he was remembering an old memory.

"You have pretty eyes." I said on accident. Slapping my hands over my mouth. I mentally scream at myself as I see him look at me.

Turning his head towards me I notice he has tattoos on his head

Turning his head towards me I notice he has tattoos on his head."And sexy tatto-crap."
——————
Check out my other stories "Mafia Love" and "Our Darkest Sides".