62. Man With Many Names

Start from the beginning

"You will soon," Jordan promised.

"I wonder if they already know about the test results..." I spoke.

"Probably," Jordan guessed.

"They probably reacted better than I did," I muttered in shame. "I bet they're so excited... And I don't know how to feel... I don't even know what to think..."

"You have the right to your feelings," Jordan said immediately. "You shouldn't feel bad because of it. Like I said, this is a complicated situation, so the feelings will be complicated too. There is still much uncertainty and a lot of unanswered questions that are making things harder to digest. I'm sure they would understand."

I chuckled lightly, but I didn't have words to say, other than, "I guess you're right."

"I am right," he smiled.

I was grateful for his optimism. If I was being honest with myself, I was almost... scared. However, Jordan's words gave me the reassurance I needed at that moment. And I was starting to feel much better – and secure.

"I probably would've freaked out if you weren't here for me," I told him quietly, earning a bright smile from him. "I mean... I wouldn't know what to do next."

"Like I said, I will always stand by your side, no matter what," he said, placing a hand on mine.

I stared at him for a long time, enjoying the warmth of his skin on mine. I brought his hand up on my lips and gently planted a kiss on it, earning a chuckle from him.

"Feeling better?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said, but then I let out a sigh and turned to look at the city that was looming in front of us. "My name is Antoni Woźniak... Even saying it out loud feels wrong..." I muttered.

"It's a handsome name," Jordan said quietly.

"I've had many names, but I always thought Blake was my real first name," I said. "It's hard to wrap my head around it."

"You don't have to use it if you don't want to," Jordan said. "I like Blake. It's a very handsome name."

"I like Jordan too," I smirked. "It's a beautiful name."

"It's beautiful when you whisper it in my ear," he purred, leaning closer to kiss my lips.

"Is that so?" I purred back, quickly starting to forget all the worries in the world.

"Uh-huh," he nodded before the kiss continued.

*****

I didn't want to think much about my real name during the rest of the day. I was feeling better about the whole thing now, but I still wanted to sleep over it before even trying to decide how to feel. Besides, Jordan was amazing at keeping me preoccupied, so I didn't even have to force myself to not think about it.

He decided I needed more pampering, so after a good meal, a movie, and cupcakes he made, he suggested I'd take a bath.

"You don't have to spoil me like this," I chuckled. "We can do something you want to do."

"My king needs a bath," he smiled.

"You're making me feel silly when you call me that," I chuckled.

"But I want to treat you like one. You are my king – my beloved king," he spoke quietly, moving his hands across my shoulders, straightening my shirt. "You should be a king," he added with a smirk.