59

They Looked Around Seeing Plenty Of Waiters Along With People Of Many Different Shapes, Races, Looks. "Wow" Beyoncé Whispered. It Did Look Like A Lot Of Important People Were Here. The Last Time She Was Around A Crowd Like This Would Be At Her Fashion Show For Her Final During Her Last Semester.

"What's Wrong?" Shawn Asked Looking Down At The Beautiful Dress That Complimented Her Body Just Right.

"I'm Nervous And Nobody's Dress Is Short, Not Even Emily's" Beyoncé Whispered Looking At Shawn's Sister-In-Law.

Shawn Chuckled "So What?"

Honestly, If This Was A Couple Of Years Ago Shawn Would've Never Left The House With Beyoncé In That Type Of Dress But Now He's Realized None Of Those Type Of Things Matter.

They Walked Down The Long And Wide Staircase Receiving Plenty Of Dirty Looks Along With Whispering. They Locked Eyes With Adnis And Gloria.

Adnis Smiled Shaking His Head While Gloria Snatched A Glass Of Wine From The Nearest Waiter Throwing It Back. Shawn Gave His Mother A Hug "What The Hell Does She Have On?" Gloria Whispered In His Ear.

"A Dress" He Said. Beyoncé Reached Out Her Hand To Adnis Hoping He Would Shake It But All He Did Was Bend His Head Looking At Her Outfit.

"Well Beyoncé That's Some Dress Your Wearing" Gloria Faked Smiled.

"I Don't Get It" She Said. Gloria Frowned "Get What?"

"Why Your Lying To My Face, I Didn't Think This Would Be A Party Filled With Woman In Long Dresses Being Covered Up" Beyoncé Said.

"Beyoncé You Know How We Are, Why Show Up In A Dress Like This...I Mean Are You Two Planning To Go To The Strip Club After This? I'm Confused" Gloria Said.

"Take Her Out Of Here Now" Adnis Said Walking Past The Both Of Them.

"No" Shawn Stated Causing His Father To Turn Around.

"You Want To Play Super Hero Tonight? Get Her Out Of Here Before I Embarrass You" Adnis Said Stepping To His Face.

Beyoncé Touched Shawn's Arm "Let's Just Go" She Whispered. She Could Already Feel Herself Being Humiliated.

"How? I'm Clearly Embarrassing You Now" Shawn Said Ignoring Beyoncé.

"Gloria Get Security Now" Adnis Said Turning Around To Walk Off.

Gloria Looked At The Both Of Them "Don't Even Trip" Shawn Said Shaking His Head Leading Beyoncé Away From His Mother.

Gloria Sighed. A Small Part Of Her Did Feel Bad.

"Girl You Didn't Learn How The Carters Move Yet?" Emily Chuckled As They Past Her.

Beyoncé Gave Her A Stank Look Before Walking Up The Steps Leading To The Stage. "What Are You Doing?" She Whispered.

Shawn Grabbed The Microphone From The DJ. "Turn That Shit Down" He Said To Him. The DJ Nodded His Head Following His Command.

Shawn Began To Speak Into The Microphone "Good Evening Everyone" He Said As They All Looked Towards The Stage.

"I Know Everyone Has Their Own Opinions Especially When My Wife And I Entered My Parents Home. I Even Know Some Of You Actually Continued To Stare At Us As We Conversed With My Ruthless Parents. See Situations Like This Is Why I Disappeared From My Family. But I Refuse To Let Shit Like This Continue And I Damn Sure Won't Let My Daughter Be Raised Around This Type Of Behavior. This Young Lady Right Here Is My Wife And To My Parent's" He Said Making Sure To Look Both Of Them In The Eyes.

"If You Have A Problem With My Wife Then Say That And I Will Leave Everyone Alone" He Said As Security Made Their Way Towards The Stage.

"Security Coming So Let Me Leave You With This...I Think Y'all Just Hating On My Wife-" Beyoncé Took The Microphone Putting It Back On The Stand.