Chapter 10

"Kirsten," Jason said as he twirled me. "I'm confused."

"About what?" I pulled my hand out from his grip and went to the laptop to stop the song. "First 25 seconds are done."

"Okay. Can we stop for today?" he looked distracted.

"Sure. What's wrong?"

"Um, I need some advice."

"At your service," I smiled.

"There's, um, someone that I like," he said slowly.

My smile faltered. "And?" I gestured for him to continue while we walked to the kitchen.

"Can't you guess?" he groaned.

"She doesn't like you?"

"I don't know!" Jason said, frustration filled in his voice.

I passed a bottle of water from the fridge to him and watched him gulp half of the water in one go. The white shirt he wore clung loosely to his chest, slightly revealing the shape of his body. His hair was styled into small spikes. I could see that Jason had not put in much effort. But the result made him look great, as usual.

When I had opened the door to let him in, I couldn't stop myself from staring at him. After a few seconds, I managed to look away. He looked breathtaking. Literally!

But, boys are so dense. You would have expected at least a raise of his eyebrow or something but he walked into the house as if nothing was wrong with the way I was looking at him.

Even now, as I watched him, wanting his arms to be around me, he just turned around and started walking out, "C'mon, I really need to talk."

I sighed and followed him, saying nothing until we reached my room.

"Spill," I ordered.

The corners of Jason's lips lifted into a small smile,"Are you trying to boss around me?" he said, raising an eyebrow.

"Are you going to tell me or not?"

The smirk was still plastered across his features. "Well, I feel better just being around my best friend, so, I think I'll pass."

I glared at him, but it didn't work. A smile had forced itself onto my face.

Jason laughed, making my heart flip, "I think I know what to do about my little problem. And if I know you, you'll have the same answer."

"What if I don't?"

"You will," Jason insisted.

"Just then, the door bell rang and I went down to open the door, with Jason following me.

Patrick stood at the entrance, "Is there anywhere you need to go?" he asked.

"Yeah. Jason has to go home. So could you drop him?"

"Oh! That's okay," Jason intervened. "I'll take a cab."

"No, no. There is only somewhere I need to go. I can leave you now and return the car here in time to reach the place," Patrick said.

"You can take the car, Patrick," I said, knowing fully well he'll refuse. As always. But, you never know when some fine miracle would occur and Patrick would agree to our insistence.

"No, it's alright," Patrick said. Refusing to take the car for personal use was another thing he insisted on. Another reason for my mom's trust in him. "My friend's house is not too far away."

"If you're sure. . . "

"Yes, Kirsten. I will wait for you in the car, son," he nodded at Jason and headed to the garage.