Chapter 5

I couldn't catch Jason after class. There were a few people who stopped me to chat and by the time I was done, he was already gone. 

I waved goodbye to Michael and went to my history class, which Zoey had too. Jason wasn't there. So lunch was my only hope. 

Finally, after what seemed like hours, the bell rang and Zoey and I left for the cafeteria. We joined the others at the table just as Grace was leaving.

Grace joined the cheerleading squad recently and sits with them. Something to do with forming a good relationship with her fellow cheerleaders.

But I was getting really anxious to see Jason. Tia, who must have noticed asked, "Why do you keep looking at the door, Kirsten? Waiting for someone?"

She didn't have to point that out in front of everyone! And before I could stop him, Michael grinned and spilled 'the news'. The news being his own over-dramatic version of how I like a guy. 

Stupid, stupid Michael, was all I could think. He even ignored the glares I was shooting him.

"We should definitely ask him to sit with us", Zoey said. 

I saw Stella wave to me on her way to her table with Noah. They're juniors, so obviously have their own bunch of friends. I waved back and behind them, I saw him. Jason.

He was standing with a tray and his eyes wandered around the room. I could understand that he was searching for a place to sit. Before anyone could reach him, I got up and rushed over.

"Hi," he said, as I approached him. "You were in algebra earlier, right?"

"Yeah. You remember?" I smiled.

He nodded.

"Um, you look kinda lost. Do you want to sit with us?" I offered. "There is an extra seat." 

I was playing it cool but my heart was hammering. And he looked so much better up close. 

"I'd love to. Thanks," he replied.

"I'm Kirsten, by the way. Kirsten Callister." I said as we went back to the table. I couldn't think of another thing to say. My mind had gone completely blank and it wasn't a good feeling. I hadn't even spoken to the guy properly. I could only hope that it would pass,so that I wouldn't look like a complete idiot in front of him. 

"Jason Marx", he said. "I moved here from Seattle. I was so worried about today but the place is great," he said.

"It must have been quite tough to move from there. But you'll love it around here. Anyway, we're here. Take a seat," I said pointing towards the empty chair which would have been where Grace sat.

"Guys, this is Jason Marx. He moved here from Seattle", I announced to my friends.

"Oooh", that was typical Zoey "I've been there. Wonderful place! I'm Zoey Neeson," she said, grinning.

Jason didn't get to reply. All of them started to introduce themselves.

"I'm Tia Carlson," my best friend said.

"Michael Chambers," the dark haired boy said next.

"David Jackson," David grinned. "We are going to have so much fun, Jason. Finally, I get to hang out with someone other than these four idiots." 

"Ignore him," Zoey whispered to Jason. "He just has an overly developed ego."

"Um, hi", said Jason, trying his best not to smile. "Thanks for welcoming me. It feels really good and settling in."

The rest of lunch went fine. And I came to know that we had the same dance class. Maybe we could be partners.

Our schol has this cool system. One term we have PE and the next Arts - choice of dance, instrumental music, creative arts and singing.

I had taken dance and so had Grace. She says that as a cheerleader she doesn't have any other  choice.

After lunch I had French with Tia.

"Do you think he likes you?" Tia asked on our way to class.

"I dont know." I shrugged. "It's only the first day. He's friendly and sweet. But that's probably because he doesn't know anyone else."

Tia nodded. "Yeah. Give it some time. If it's meant to be, something will happen."

"If it's meant to be." I said. "I should probably not worry much for now. It's too early to tell."

Tia had to turn a different corridor then. She gave me a hug and wishing me 'good luck', went away, leaving me alone with my thoughts. 

I knew that I had to concentrate on my studies as well if I was going to pass. Distractions like Jason would not be be the best thing for that.

However, there was a big part of still hoping for something, anything, to happen as soon as possible. It was probbaly just my crazed hormones which had been relaxed for a long time now. I knew that I had to be careful, but there was no harm in getting to know the guy. If nothing, I would make sure that we were good friends at least. 

With optimistic thoughts I left for dance. Jason seemed like a great guy and I knew that he was the kind that my parents would approve of along with my friends if they would get to know him. I hadn't had a proper crush for a long time and now that I did, I knew that everyone who knew would be over-protective of me. But I couldn't blame them. They knew what happened the last time. 

The Last Time. When my perfect world came crumbling down. When the dreams I saw were shattered. When -

I had reached the class and I forced the unpleasant thoughts away. 

Anyone who says that you shouldn't get too attached to people is right. It's just too hard to let go when things get bad. I had heard people say it before. But it was an entirely different thing, experiencing it yourself. 

(A/N) Hope you liked it. I'm still coming up with the exact details of the backstory, so no revelations soon :P Vote, comment and share <3

Stella ----->